Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Stitch or something else?

(9 Posts)
BeeMyBaby Fri 26-Aug-11 13:41:49

I am 26 weeks now and for the past two weeks or so I have been getting a pain like a stitch in my right side. I get it when I do any excersize at all really, even getting up from my chair and walking a metre, I get this stabbing pain, its also in the side that the baby kicks on all the time - could it be because of that? I have not been doing as much excersize as I used but I think it seems extreme to be getting a stitch from a metre walk? Anyone else getting this?

TopazMortmain Fri 26-Aug-11 14:47:13

Round ligament pain? I am only 17 weeks so perhaps not in best position to give advice but have had this weird stabbing pain just as you describe which is round ligament pain.

BeeMyBaby Fri 26-Aug-11 17:49:21

Thanks! I have googled it and it sounds really similar, but is very much where you would expect a stitch - just above the hip bone - could it still be RLP even though its so high? i.e. not in the groin area at all

Ivortheengine8 Fri 26-Aug-11 18:14:21

Could it be pain from appendix? That's on the right side. I know my sister had a nasty appendicitis in her last pregnancy and thought she was going into labour! I guess that would be very acute pain though.

NorthernChinchilla Fri 26-Aug-11 18:56:26

I get something similar from time to time OP, in the same place: as you say, just like stitch but higher up is exactly how I've been describing it to people too!
Sometimes I wonder if it's a digestive thing, other times I think it's just everything slowly stretching (and therefore possibly, given that everything is, my body can't cope with any extra movement?)

I'm just putting it all down to 'one of those odd things you get in pregnancy'!

BeeMyBaby Fri 26-Aug-11 19:33:57

definitely don't think its appendicitis as its more when I move and it doesn't get more painful if I poke the area, in fact adding pressure seems to help it a bit. Chinchilla did you ever mention it to your MW, did they say anything?
I really don't want it to be that I'm so incredibly unfit I'm just getting a stitch all the time, a lady at work today said I better join some kind of fitness class or I wouldn't be able to push the baby out angry (I had upper normal BMI before pregnancy and haven't gained too much I didn't think).

Ivortheengine8 Fri 26-Aug-11 19:46:18

Fitness classes at 26 weeks pregnant.....confused forget that!
You'll be fine!

Pastabee Fri 26-Aug-11 20:12:53

I get these pains on the side of my bump. I'm sure my pain is ligament pain. Nothing to do with fitness and they come and go - it's the strain on the ligaments.

I find some really deep and slow breathing helps. Don't know why it should but it does.

BeeMyBaby Fri 26-Aug-11 21:34:07

ok I will try that - thank you smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now