Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

35 weeks, feeling unsettled. Help?

(4 Posts)
GemsyT Thu 25-Aug-11 20:55:43

Hey girls,

Hope you're all plodding along nicely! I just wondered if any of you are experiencing the same as me at the mo, and have any advice?

I've got a 16cmx8cm cyst on my left ovary, a placenta previa and a breech baby. We went for a scan on Tuesday and they said the placenta needs to move another 1cm for it to be a safe natural birth, but my baby is now breech :-( They also said they I will need an operation next year to remove the cyst, so I'm feeling really low, as even if I can have a natural birth, I will then have to recover from a huge op while looking after a newborn.

I asked if I can just have a c-section so they can remove the cyst at the same time, but they're reluctant to do that as I have too much blood in my uterus.

I just feel like nothing is going right and I just can't prepare for birth, as I just don't know how my baby is going to come in to the world. Have any of you guys had this? xxxx

Jill72 Thu 25-Aug-11 21:13:57

No - none of this happened to me but though I would send a virtual hug and give you full permission to feel sorry for yourself! Sounds like you have a lot to take on. How far along are you? Is there time for baby to turn yet? Have you researched some 'turning methods' - worth a try and give you something positive to focus on. Perhaps you need to think of looking a things one thing at a time - this op is off in the future and you have no idea how things will stand by then - you may well be coping really well with new baby and feeling more positive and ready to deal with the op then. I would look to put it on the back burner in your mind and focus on immediate issues. Also I would indulge in your favourite naughty , ( chocolate, glass of wine, long bath ect), for a quick pick me up!!!!

cravingcake Fri 26-Aug-11 11:45:05

Sorry, not had this happen but also wanted to send you a virtual hug! Like Jill said, just look at one thing a time & definitely have some chocolate (or whatever you fancy) for a pick me up to take your mind off everything for 10 minutes. I do hope somone can help x

GemsyT Mon 29-Aug-11 20:01:53

Thanks girls, I've got another scan in three weeks so will let you know how it goes! Why is nothing ever straightforward, hey?! xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now