Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Remaining a nice person- help needed please

(12 Posts)
Sargesaweyes Thu 25-Aug-11 17:50:11

Can anyone offer some advice regarding going overdue and remaining a happy nice person please? My mum actually looked scared of me when I walked into her house today. Just soooooo fed up of feeling rubbish. One plan is to watch the west wing again...any other ideas?

bigeyes Thu 25-Aug-11 18:00:34

I went shopping a lot and out for meals, couldnt stand being in the house. I read a lot of books at night time when I couldnt sleep.

Int he 13 days I was overdue it was all about me and DH, anyone else jst got right on my nipple ends nerves including those who dared to text.

Newmummytobe79 Thu 25-Aug-11 18:01:47

Sargesaweyes! Your post made me giggle - therefore I guess you're still very much a nice person smile

Sorry i can't offer any advice ... I'm just waiting to see what kind of advice you get as I know my Mum will be in the same position as yours if I go overdue next week!

Good luck and enjoy the West Wing (again!)

Bumpsadaisie Thu 25-Aug-11 18:07:49

I'm guessing you are right at the end of pregnancy? Either that or having a grim first trimester!

DVD box sets definitely the way forward. You get really into them and you can keep indulging for episode after episode!

Cry. A lot.
That's what I'm doing (40+f'ing8)

Sargesaweyes Thu 25-Aug-11 18:20:11

Was due yesterday but have felt shit from about 35 weeks. I had a sweep today and really thought they would say 'you are 5 cm and I can feel everything is about to kick off!' No such luck! Instead I had a student and a midwife I don't know treating me like rent a vagina! It was def more about the student than me and I was to polite (stupid) to say 'whilst you are both having a friggin question and answer session about my glued tight cervix in medical language could someone tell me what's going on!' Also got told that being induced wouldn't be happening until 2 weeks over which I know is right as I would much prefer natural but seems like a bloody lifetime away. It is outbursts like this which is making ne question what sort of a person I am becoming.

Oeisha Thu 25-Aug-11 18:23:31

Crikey! Go for the West Wing. All of it. If baby isn't out by then, you'll know your dates were definitely wrong....by weeks...and weeks...

I think that's fair enough, Sarge! it's a bit rude to talk about someone when you're in the same room as them. Especially when you're laid out legs akimbo with your fanjo on show smile
My mum won't even ring me, she's that scared after I gave her a "yeah, the baby arrived two weeks ago, we just thought we'd keep it secret from you <massive sarcasm emoticon>" shouting at last week.
So I think you're doing better than me smile
Chin up girl

neverlookback Thu 25-Aug-11 18:32:43

im 40+5 im a pathetic emotional paranoid angry mess!! im scared of myself, this is my 3rd time, ive been well over with both before and was induced at 14days last time but im still the most pissed off person ever!!!!

sunchild77 Thu 25-Aug-11 18:34:11

Turn off your mobile, Go for lots of walks if you can, lots of sex (might help?!?) , eat loads of whatever you fancy, takeaways, chocolate whatever. Pamper yourself to the max.

You'll never get this time ever again (I hated when people said that, but its sooooo true!)

Oeisha Thu 25-Aug-11 18:42:20

I've also heard that cakes, cups of tea and chocolate help...

Sargesaweyes Thu 25-Aug-11 18:55:11

I am already feeling better that I am not the only grump out there. I am awaiting the food shopping delivery which contains mainly mint magnums and shortbread smile.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now