Talk

Advanced search

Hormones and "baby brain"

(5 Posts)
chocolateyclur Thu 25-Aug-11 16:59:04

Last night I found that I had stored a box of ready brek in the freezer. I laughed.

Today I went out to the car, house keys in pocket. Got what I wanted from car, went back in house, put keys away. Remembered I'd left something in the car. Went out. Swore dramatically I closed the door (on yale lock) behind me. Contemplated climbing fence to back of house - pelvis problems put me off. Glad now as had automatically locked back door behind me.

Did walk of shame to MILs to collect her spare keys. Closely avoided sobbing on her doorstep. Trying to ring husband for good cry down phone, but no network in his office.

Comparative tales of woe please before I drown keyboard in tears.

And yes, I'm aware that I'm overreacting and typing in fragmented sentences.

Squiglettsmummy2bx Thu 25-Aug-11 17:08:31

Lost my iPhone in the fridge! & sat myself down to text my mate on a bottle of water!
Called my kids my random names.
Completely forgot pin number when paying for £80 worth of shopping in front of massive queue.
Always going into one room then not remembering why until I go in another then forgetting by time I go back then sobbing as I am just so bloody tired & don't want to keep wandering from room to room.
You are definitely not alone x

MissRee Thu 25-Aug-11 17:40:16

I went to work with only half my makeup done then forgot to go out at lunch and get some so spent the whole day looking like a half made-up freak!!

chocolateyclur Thu 25-Aug-11 19:34:28

Thank you both - feeling less alone now (even though I've just had to fight the impulse to mix nutella into my tuna instead of mayo).

MissRee - fairly sure you won't have, but am imagining you with the left side of your face fully made up, and the right side au naturel!

MissRee Thu 25-Aug-11 19:41:51

I looked like that woman on the boots advert who was trying two different styles of makeup!! I realise I do my makeup in an unusual way, half at a time... maybe I should modify it whilst preggers grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now