Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

What to expect at the post-natal check-up

(3 Posts)
hubbahubster Thu 25-Aug-11 15:28:11

I've got my check-up at my GP in a couple of weeks and wondered whether it was likely to be just questions about my recovery and a look at my scar (I had a c-section) or if I'll actually be examined. What should I expect? Thanks!

nunnie Thu 25-Aug-11 15:31:05

I had mine at the same time as DS had his 6 week check or is it 8 weeks mind blank sorry.

It was mainly about him, and a few questions about period for me and contraception. No examination and she didn't look at my scar. Just asked if I thought it was ok.

CitizenOscar Fri 26-Aug-11 05:47:16

Mine was v brief - I was surprised. She asked how I was and she prescribed me the pill and iron tablets and took my blood pressure, that was it. I think they're meant to do a bit more (e.g. Check your stomach muscles) but she didn't.

My friend asked her gp to examine her to make sure everything was ok post-stitches etc but neither gp did without being asked.

If there had been anything wrong I don't think my
gp would have discovered it, except if it affected my blood pressure!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now