Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

How much do you grow between 10 and 15 weeks?

(9 Posts)
BooBooGlass Thu 25-Aug-11 14:36:37

I'm just looking for an idea really, I have a friend who's going to a wedding at the end of September and I've said she can borrow the dress I bought for a wedding earlier this year. She's about a dress size smaller than me, and the dress does look a bit loose, but not stupidly so. Is it possible she'll grow significantly in the next 5 weeks? I'm about to get the dress dry cleaned, it won't shrink will it?? I'm more than happy to lend it to her, it is a lovely dress, but I'm worried she's not going to have another dress as back up. I can't even remember from my pregnancies, as I blew up like a balloon pretty much straight away! She's only put on a couple of pounds so far, and only really noticably grown in the chest area, no bump yet. It's her second pregnancy if that makes a difference.

BooBooGlass Thu 25-Aug-11 16:39:12

bump

melliebobs Thu 25-Aug-11 16:54:36

I'm at 14+4. I haven't really grown at all. Ok my chest has ballooned to a size I daren't even guess at. Buy otherwise I've got smaller and gone from a size 16 to 14

Newmummytobe79 Thu 25-Aug-11 17:27:02

I did sad but I was quite small at ten weeks and all never-before-seen boobs and hips at 15! I guess it depends on what size she started at? I think a lot of thin women seem to gain more weight quicker - but I may be wrong!

Maybe suggest she has a back up dress or if you'd rather not and you notice she's getting a lot bigger just tell her the dress shrunk when you had it dry cleaned!

Sandra2011 Thu 25-Aug-11 17:50:53

"At 15 weeks you've probably gained between 2.2kg and 4.5kg"

www.babycentre.co.uk/pregnancy/fetaldevelopment/10weeks/

bigeyes Thu 25-Aug-11 17:57:13

Thats only a few pounds but it depends where at, and what cut the dress is, if its very forgiving or in chiney material etc.

If the dress is bias cut or (and I think im right in this) an empire line she would probably ok with afew pound, but if its a straight cut shift dress or similar style then it may fit but not be flattering.

bigeyes Thu 25-Aug-11 17:57:52

shiney (lol a dress made out of chins)

BooBooGlass Thu 25-Aug-11 17:59:26

It's a prom type 50s style dress, but she has room at the waist at the moment. I just don't want her having a last minute panic and having nothing to wear (been there, done that).

bigeyes Thu 25-Aug-11 18:10:29

Hmm tricky as that dress shape relies on the waist area to give it, its shape, my waist has thickend the last few weeks (14+2) but thats me. I would advise she have a back up dress, even if its just for comfort reasons. Last week for example I couldnt stand to wear anything but leggings and loose tops and I have actually lost a little weight despite waist and tummy feeling all different, this was because all my tummy muscles felt sore, I think the ligaments decided to do a four day re-arrangement!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now