Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

How much do you grow between 10 and 15 weeks?

(9 Posts)
BooBooGlass Thu 25-Aug-11 14:36:37

I'm just looking for an idea really, I have a friend who's going to a wedding at the end of September and I've said she can borrow the dress I bought for a wedding earlier this year. She's about a dress size smaller than me, and the dress does look a bit loose, but not stupidly so. Is it possible she'll grow significantly in the next 5 weeks? I'm about to get the dress dry cleaned, it won't shrink will it?? I'm more than happy to lend it to her, it is a lovely dress, but I'm worried she's not going to have another dress as back up. I can't even remember from my pregnancies, as I blew up like a balloon pretty much straight away! She's only put on a couple of pounds so far, and only really noticably grown in the chest area, no bump yet. It's her second pregnancy if that makes a difference.

BooBooGlass Thu 25-Aug-11 16:39:12

bump

melliebobs Thu 25-Aug-11 16:54:36

I'm at 14+4. I haven't really grown at all. Ok my chest has ballooned to a size I daren't even guess at. Buy otherwise I've got smaller and gone from a size 16 to 14

Newmummytobe79 Thu 25-Aug-11 17:27:02

I did sad but I was quite small at ten weeks and all never-before-seen boobs and hips at 15! I guess it depends on what size she started at? I think a lot of thin women seem to gain more weight quicker - but I may be wrong!

Maybe suggest she has a back up dress or if you'd rather not and you notice she's getting a lot bigger just tell her the dress shrunk when you had it dry cleaned!

Sandra2011 Thu 25-Aug-11 17:50:53

"At 15 weeks you've probably gained between 2.2kg and 4.5kg"

www.babycentre.co.uk/pregnancy/fetaldevelopment/10weeks/

bigeyes Thu 25-Aug-11 17:57:13

Thats only a few pounds but it depends where at, and what cut the dress is, if its very forgiving or in chiney material etc.

If the dress is bias cut or (and I think im right in this) an empire line she would probably ok with afew pound, but if its a straight cut shift dress or similar style then it may fit but not be flattering.

bigeyes Thu 25-Aug-11 17:57:52

shiney (lol a dress made out of chins)

BooBooGlass Thu 25-Aug-11 17:59:26

It's a prom type 50s style dress, but she has room at the waist at the moment. I just don't want her having a last minute panic and having nothing to wear (been there, done that).

bigeyes Thu 25-Aug-11 18:10:29

Hmm tricky as that dress shape relies on the waist area to give it, its shape, my waist has thickend the last few weeks (14+2) but thats me. I would advise she have a back up dress, even if its just for comfort reasons. Last week for example I couldnt stand to wear anything but leggings and loose tops and I have actually lost a little weight despite waist and tummy feeling all different, this was because all my tummy muscles felt sore, I think the ligaments decided to do a four day re-arrangement!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: