Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Any one had emcs/cs first time and getting sharp cutting scar pains?

(14 Posts)
tinky19 Thu 25-Aug-11 11:39:00

I've had these a couple of times but as I get bigger they seem to be getting worse.
Anything that involves exertion e.g hoovering/ running after DS/ sex can bring on this sharp ripping/ cutting pain like I had if I sneezed of laughed just after DS.
Is this normal do you think. I've been told it could just be small adhesions tearing?
Has anybody else had this?
thanks

bigeyes Thu 25-Aug-11 12:48:27

I had CS first I am now 14+2 and I have had a lot of soreness low down, and ive just assumed its the ligaments. But I have noticed I have to place my hand down there when I cough or sneeze (this is quite a sudden pain) or when I get up and down from sitting position, so maybe it is what you describe.

I have wonderd what its going to be like when I get much bigger! How far on are you?

DialMforMummy Thu 25-Aug-11 13:24:01

How long ago was your CS?

bigeyes Thu 25-Aug-11 13:24:54

5.5 yrs ago!

DialMforMummy Thu 25-Aug-11 13:27:19

The reason I am asking is because I was told I should wait 1 year after my CS before TTC again.

bigeyes Thu 25-Aug-11 13:31:28

I cant remember anyone telling me this. But I though it is generally better to wait for one year before having another even though I know plenty dont (just been reading another thread) and deliver safely.

My scar was sore for a while.

How long have you waited and how far on are you?

DialMforMummy Thu 25-Aug-11 13:37:27

TTC at the mo. Will be 1 year in October. Yes ignoring advice!
The idea to wait one year was based on the fact that the uterus might not do its job properly if too soon after the first CS.

tinky19 Thu 25-Aug-11 14:30:47

DS was just under 11 months when we concieved so no, didn't wait a year. I am now 6 months pregnant but much bigger than last time.

nunnie Thu 25-Aug-11 14:40:00

Me I have been to hospital once with this early on and was on the phone to delivery suite on Sunday evening with severe pain in my scar that took my breath away and had me in tears blush
Long story short I think any pain I get down there I wait for my stomach to seperate and just go into a panic.

I am also someone that didn't wait the year but not intentionally we used a raincoat the one and only time we had intercourse after DS was born and I fell pregnant. I am currently 35+6 and DS is 47 weeks.
So there will be almost but not quite a year between my two blush

nunnie Thu 25-Aug-11 14:40:41

DS wasn't my first I had a DD 4 years ago but she was a natural birth.

tinky19 Thu 25-Aug-11 14:47:26

but nothing truly to worry about you think. I'm not actually going to pop open am I???

bigeyes Thu 25-Aug-11 14:49:05

Well I think Ill keep an eye on that low down soreness/pain, I can remember having to hold bump to move in bed but not until I was much further on last time, whereas I feel I have to now.

I'll mention it to MW at 16 appt.

nunnie Thu 25-Aug-11 15:14:24

No tinky19 like I say it has happened to me a few times two of which were so bad I contacted or went in and I still haven't split open.
Think it is just any pain anywhere near the scar is bound to make you worry or panic, but if it is really worrying you then please seek advice for hospital as it is better to be safe than sorry.

If I get anymore pain like I did on Sunday I will be straight on the phone again I am sure of that.

I have been told on my visits and phonecalls and chats that it is very very rare for a uterine rupture in pregnancy. I was also told it is likely to be scar adeshions (mind blank on spelling sorry) and they have always said if I am at all worried then I must contact them.

I did find I got more pain on moving in bed etc when I dropped which is likely to be due to more pressure on the scar, but after an intense pain that lasts a short time and eases then there is nothing, which with a rupture I am guessing wouldn't happen but I don't know.

TheOriginalFAB Thu 25-Aug-11 15:25:49

I had an emergency section in 2001 and a resuter in 2002. I have had 2 more babies since vaginally. I still get pulling and pain in my scar now but outwardly it has healed really well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now