Talk

Advanced search

Obstetric Cholestasis- How itchy do you actually get?

(2 Posts)
jess77 Thu 25-Aug-11 11:31:05

I am 38 weeks today and having ELCS this time next week - for unrelated reasons.
Have started to feel quite itchy & twitchy in general but I don't think I'd describe it as severe. it's worse when I'm "relaxing", I don't tend to be too bothered by it at night, except when I'm trying to drop off to sleep.
I know itching is quitre a common side effect of pregnancy, especially now when all the little niggles drive you mad but the closer I get to d-day the more worried I am about getting the baby out ok.
Has anyone had this condition and is it totally obvious compared to normal itching? Would you really know you have it?
Sorry if I'm being a total hypochondriac!

ballstoit Fri 26-Aug-11 07:53:11

My friend had OC, and the main differences she described were where she itched...so literally everywhere, no just where skin was stretching. She also said the itching felt like it was inside her skin...scratching didnt really get rid of it. HTH.

TBH, if my friends experience is anything to go by, by the time you'd seen the MW and had blood tests, you'd be having your CS anyway. Doesnt make any difference to your treatment or the CS. Try not to worry but obviously ring your MW if you are.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now