Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

only 5 weeks pregnant n having abdominal pains,normal?

(6 Posts)
mumt1 Wed 24-Aug-11 18:43:22

Hey, I have been having pains for about a week, theyr sometimes just an ache and sometimes a pain. I'm also suffering from nausea. I haven't had any spotting or bleeding, I'm concerned something is wrong. Is it normal to have aches n pains?

PiggyMad Wed 24-Aug-11 18:50:00

I'm 6+4 and have been having mild crampy feelings/dull aches for a week or two and from what I've read lots of people get them in early pregnancy. I hope so anyway!

pozzled Wed 24-Aug-11 18:52:53

It is normal to have some aches and pains as everything stretches. See your GP if they are severe, get worse or are to one side rather than central, just to check that there are no problems.

mumt1 Wed 24-Aug-11 19:02:37

Thank you. I've got a son but can't remember having them with him. So just freaking me out a bit. I keep going really hot as well :/ with bad headache n just exhausted. My first pregnancy was quite easy so I was lucky first time.

anniroc Wed 24-Aug-11 21:04:14

Yeah, totally normal, just imagine all the strange and full-on things happening inside you at this point!!

G1nger Wed 24-Aug-11 22:30:26

I had such a sore lower belly at the start that I couldn't wear jeans or any other clothes that pressed on the area. I believe the only thing to be cautious of is the prospect of an ectopic pregnancy - that's a type of pain you can rule out for yourself.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now