Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

39+4 and suddenly very anxious

(3 Posts)
alisonsmum Wed 24-Aug-11 16:07:52

just been to my last midwife appointment at the hospital before my due date this weekend. everything is fine. i go again next week unless i pop before. ive just got home n suddenly feel really anxious. nothing left to do but wait. i had such a bad experience less than 2 years ago with my lil girl n spent weeks in hospital afterwards. is a real long story but following her bith i had a problem with my bowel which caused part of it to die n i had weeks of agony n 2 operations n ended up with part of my bowel removed. dd was 3 months old before i got to care for her myself

i cant handle any problems with this birth...

being at the hopsital today just brought floods of memories back..

ive been fine most of this pregnancy..why now? why worry now? mmmmm wish i could get a grip..

sorry for long tale

MsChanandlerBong Wed 24-Aug-11 16:55:14

No wonder you feel anxious - I'm surprised you haven't felt more anxious before during this pregnancy! It sounds like you had a really traumatic time last time, but hopefully you shouldn't need to go through anything like that again this time.

I had a birth preparation hynotherapy cd delivered by Amazon yesterday that I have only done once so far but has helped enormously in helping me relax about the birth. And I am going to continue to do it until I pop (currently 36+6). Have you thought about getting something like that delivered to you ASAP to try and relieve your anxiety?

alisonsmum Wed 24-Aug-11 20:17:45

yeah hopefully this time i'll be fine, been trying to calm myself down n think im feeling a bit better. cd sounds good....gonna go look on amazon lol

its really hard being in a vulnerable position again, think im gonna eat some chocolate n watch crap on tv to distract myself

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now