Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Loss of mucus plug 35 weeks (TMI!)

(5 Posts)
BigBabyBoots Wed 24-Aug-11 16:00:19

Hello. I'm 35+2 with first baby and seem to have just lost some of my plug. Without wanting to be too grosse, I felt it coming out while I was sat on the sofa, went to the bathroom and there was a load of clear, snotty stuff on the tissue and in my knickers. There's no pink or red in it so I'm not panicking. Yet.

I'm wondering if I need to do anything, or if I should get checked over, or if it's just plain normal, but my midwife's phone is off and I phoned the number on my baby folder for non urgent queries and that went to answer phone as well, which brings me to the second part of my question - who am I supposed to ring in situations like this if neither of those numbers are answering?? It's not urgent, but I'd still like to speak to someone and don't know who confused.

snowgal Wed 24-Aug-11 16:10:49

I would call the labour ward, even though you don't consider it urgent you should speak to someone and if your midwife isn't answering they would be your next port of call. I'm sure they'd rather you called them rather than not

HooHa Wed 24-Aug-11 16:11:12

I wouldn't do anything urgently - See what happens over the next few hours - if contractions start then you will obviously need to phone the emergency number.

The plug coming away doesn't necassarily mean that labour is starting - it is sometimes the start but sometimes not. I had a show about the same time with last pg but didn't go into labour until my due date.

Don't panic! Have a sit down and see what happens.

In my experience, a panic usually results in hours stuck to a hospital bed being monitored and then they send you home saying that you're both fine.

Hope this helps.

snowgal Wed 24-Aug-11 16:12:33

Hooha probably has a point, I'm on my first so would probably end up panicking unnecessarily! smile

BigBabyBoots Wed 24-Aug-11 16:18:43

Thanks smile . I'm trying to stay calm lol.

Had a lot of bump tightening yesterday, back pain and shooting pains down below, so I'm thinking maybe baby engaged and dislodged something? It's just so frustrating when you just want to run it by your midwife and see what she thinks, but can't get hold of her. Feel like I'd be bothering them if I rang the urgent number blush.

I'll put my feet up and see if anything else happens. More bump tightenings (Braxton Hicks?) but no pain at the moment.

Thank you for your replies smile.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now