Talk

Advanced search

Doppler scan

(9 Posts)
Valiant1 Wed 24-Aug-11 15:47:56

I am having a Doppler scan tomorrow and have seen on the one i had last week that o.62 is spot on for what they want. so my question is if it is lower by how much is too much? might sound like i being a worry wart and i suppose i am but any who thanks is you can answer xx am 35 weeks and it's because of no growth xxx

Valiant1 Wed 24-Aug-11 19:53:14

Anybody

BedHog Wed 24-Aug-11 20:47:08

Sorry I don't even know what a doppler scan is, or what 0.62 means. confused Why aren't they giving you a proper scan if there has been no growth?

Valiant1 Wed 24-Aug-11 20:53:43

i will have a growth scan next week the Doppler is to measure the blood flow between me and the baby was hoping someone would know as google doesn't smile

ALovelyBunchOfCoconuts Wed 24-Aug-11 21:19:56

I had a growth and doppler scan last week and looking at my notes i cant see anything relating to the doppler side of things confused so i can't advise but I would be reassured that if last week it was spot on and if there is any problems I'm sure the sonographer will explain.

Sorry, that was a useless post and very unhelpful blush

Valiant1 Thu 25-Aug-11 15:14:52

hi all went in today and the Doppler result id lower this week so when i was seen by the nurse i asked and she just said there is nothing we will do till next week!!!! so i just hope baby put weight on before next week xx thanks for the reply hun xxx we have a printed sheet in the folder and loads of lines with markers on it to show average ect but also have written across the bottom slow growth sad.

ALovelyBunchOfCoconuts Thu 25-Aug-11 16:06:36

I am the opposite to you, I have huge growth. Baby measuring at 38-40 weeks when I'm only 34 and off the scale on the centile charts!

Hope next week brings some good news, you never know you may meet your baby sooner than you were expecting smile

haribofan Thu 25-Aug-11 18:02:12

Hi I am currently having regular Doppler scans too for a slow growing baby. My understanding is that the lower the numbers (PI and RI) the better. Mine was 1.09 today which I'm a bit worried about but last week the PI was 0.71 which the midwife said was excellent. HTH

Valiant1 Thu 25-Aug-11 18:49:50

sorry to hear both hope things work out ok for you x

haribofan how many weeks are you? we have found a web page that says the same, hope things get better for you xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now