Talk

Advanced search

think i may be miscarrying

(8 Posts)
bebemad Wed 24-Aug-11 12:46:03

I am 5w4d today and I think i am losing my baby, on monday when i was 5w2d i had a scan and blood test there was a sac but the dr said it was too early to see anything, I got my blood results back and my HCG is a staggering 25,540! and my progesterone is 10 even though i am on progesterone tablets. I have had cramps for over a week now and they are getting worse not super painful but they sometimes seem to have a rhythm. My boobs are still a little sore and i have a bad headache. Any help would be lovely.

themightyskim Wed 24-Aug-11 12:48:00

are you sure its not just stretching pains? if it helps ive been really worried that my only symptoms have been stomach ache and lots of people have reassured me that its totally normal

Good luck - and give your midwife or doctor a ring its what they get paid for!

dreamc1 Wed 24-Aug-11 13:48:14

If it helps, I'm 8 weeks 2morow, still cramping on and off, usual headache. Cramps get worse when getting up quickly.

Chin up chick x

Eviepoo Wed 24-Aug-11 13:55:59

Okay - not easy to do but please try to relax a little.

Your HCG level should be between 1,100 and 56,500 in week 6, so I would say your result is pretty damn good for your gestation and that has to be a good sign.
Your progesterone should be between 9-47 in the first trimester - so this is also a good sign.

As themightyskin said the cramps can be stretching pains, if you think about it, your uterus is normally so small and it stretches something like 100 times it's original size between conception and full term.

Headaches are a common symptom of PG I am afraid.

Grainger Wed 24-Aug-11 14:00:01

Sounds like you are having a healthy pregnancy. You haven't had any bleeding? It's so hard to know with pregnancy because the symptoms of miscarriage (bleeding, pain etc) can also be the signs of a healthy pregnancy.

But a sac at 5w is good. Heartbeats aren't visible until 6 w.

SaulGood Wed 24-Aug-11 14:02:22

There is absolutely nothing in your op that would make me think there's anything to worry about at this point in time. Drink plenty of fluids and get some rest. This will help with the headache.

The hcg levels are fine and cramps are normal. If you have any bleeding, new or increasing pain or feel unwell then you must of course seek help but atm, you're experiencing pregnany and all its joys.

LoveInAColdClimate Wed 24-Aug-11 14:08:47

Can't comment on hormone levels I'm afraid, but I had cramps until about 8 weeks and all is (AFAIK) well. Good luck.

pregnantmimi Thu 25-Aug-11 01:44:33

Hi go back and have another scan in a week I would say and take care lots of rest xxx big hug I had bleeding this early and pain so I know how stressful it isxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now