Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

abdominal discomfort

(10 Posts)
Emy84 Wed 24-Aug-11 12:43:29

I have had this nagging discomfort around the belly button area since last night. Its not a pain exactly just really uncomfortable particularly when I lie down, didnt sleep at all last night as could not get comfortable. I also feel vaguely nauseaous and no appetite.

Just wondered if anyone else has had anything similar. I am 17 weeks saw the mw last week who said uterus is nearly upto belly button and this can sometimes cause discomfort.

I know I can call the mw team if I am worried but dont want to appear like a neurotic first time mum/waste their time.

I am at work atm but will see if I can leave early to rest a bit, just wondered if anyone else has had anything similar confused

Crosshair Wed 24-Aug-11 12:50:37

Trapped wind?

Emy84 Wed 24-Aug-11 14:51:22

Maybe although I have been passing wind both ends blush (sorry TMI!)
How do you get rid of trapped wind?

Crosshair Wed 24-Aug-11 16:23:13

No idea, I ate lots of fruit/veg because in my mind that fixes everything. If you're passing wind then you should start feeling better unless its something else. (Maybe stuff getting squashed due to the growing baby?)

If it get painfull ect call someone.

mumt1 Wed 24-Aug-11 18:00:08

Hey I'm new on this, just signed up, well I'm 5 weeks pregnant. Not been to the doctors or anything and am a week n half late with positive pregnancy tests. I've got a son already but not known to have this with him. Anyway I'm 5 weeks n feeling quite a lot of discomfort, ache and pains in my belly, really bad headache and bk ache and feel so hot then can shiver 1 second later cz Iv gone cold. And then sweating again. I'm also having nausea. been like this for about a week. Any advice please? X

Crosshair Wed 24-Aug-11 18:12:26

Sounds like a virus(My random guess). I would goto your doctor to rule out anything nasty.

mumt1 Wed 24-Aug-11 18:34:01

But there's no other symptoms of a virus like my 'bowels' are fine.

Crosshair Wed 24-Aug-11 18:37:29

Lots of different types of viruses with varied symptoms.

Keep in mind I'm a random internet person blindly guessing and so is anyone else replying. wink

Crosshair Wed 24-Aug-11 18:40:13

Some sort of infection such as a UTI?

I mean if its not better after a week you should really get it seen to.

mumt1 Wed 24-Aug-11 18:47:03

Yea I might phone doctor tomorrow, just quite scared there's something wrong. I'm finding it hard to sleep with it and my temperature keeps going through the roof so infection does sound likely. Thankyou

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now