Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

What happens at 36 week check?

(8 Posts)
yummymango Tue 23-Aug-11 19:47:09

Just wondering really, what normally happens? Do they just do the usual doppler and blood pressure etc or will they do an internal exam or something?

thisisyesterday Tue 23-Aug-11 19:54:07

just the usual IME

grubbalo Tue 23-Aug-11 19:57:08

Sorry no it is just the usual from my experience too. Infact in my PCT they don't do anything differently until you are properly overdue when they finally consider sweeps etc. Very disappointing!

CBear6 Tue 23-Aug-11 21:39:18

It's just the usual - BP, urine dip, Doppler, feel of the bump for baby position, fundal height, any questions/concerns. Unless there are issues they don't do internals at all until it's time to offer a sweep or until you go into labour, whichever happens first.

lolajane2009 Wed 24-Aug-11 00:14:25

just usual when I had mine on thursday.

OrangeGloss Wed 24-Aug-11 06:09:34

The only thing they did differently was ask where I'd like to give birth, and then did a risk assessment as I'd chosen a midwife-led unit. This took about 5 minutes and involved a quick double-check of my notes and her filling in another form, so nothing too exciting

My 38 weeks app was business as usual too

36, 38, 40 all the same as usual for me, except at the 40wk appt we discussed a sweep (40+7 today, sweep happening today).
I think today we'll talk about induction sad and monitoring. Come on baby, get out! smile

GiraffesHaveMoreFun Wed 24-Aug-11 06:53:51

Just the usual. Didn't ever have an internal, and no risk assessment/birth plan stuff either.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now