Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Maternity dungarees

(16 Posts)
Sandra2011 Tue 23-Aug-11 13:15:06

I just went through my old maternity clothes and found maternity dungarees and tried them on.

Oh my how confortable are they..... probably not very fashionable but I didn't really care last time and also this time am going to wear them.

What's you opinion on dungarees?

Comfort is most important of course. IMO dungarees are very 70s, but pregnant mummies in the Usbourne books always look sweetly maternal in dungarees, and that's what they make me think of.

LoveInAColdClimate Tue 23-Aug-11 13:23:00

You could start a new trend! I actually think they look very cosy and maternal (as said above). They also remind me of early episodes of Friends when Jennifer Anniston used to wear them although the effect when heavily pregnant may not be identical grin. Go for it.

MissRee Tue 23-Aug-11 13:24:12

I want some!!

FlipFantasia Tue 23-Aug-11 14:14:03

Sorry but I really dislike them! Suitable only for small children in my opinion...and I'm personally glad that maternity clothes have moved on from the 70s!

Having said that, it's not just maternity dungarees I don't like, it's dungarees on anyone over about the age of 6 grin

But weather whatever you like since comfort is all!

HidingInTheUndergrowth Tue 23-Aug-11 14:34:23

I was just talking about this with my mum not half an hour ago!

She was saying that her favourite item of maternity wear when she was pregnant with me was her dungarees as they were so comfortable. I have to say I am seriously tempted to get a pair.

Anyway, I am sure I saw something on the guardian website saying how stylish dungarees are at the moment. Here I have found a link: www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/video/2011/aug/13/how-to-dress-dungarees?INTCMP=ILCNETTXT3486

So there, that means they are fine! grin

harassedandherbug Tue 23-Aug-11 15:13:16

God I miss maternity dungarees!! My dc's are 22, 20 & 5 plus this one due in Dec.

I had dungarees with ds1 (1989) and they were the most comfortable thing in the world. Particularly with my pink hi-tops.....

NorthernChinchilla Tue 23-Aug-11 20:10:24

Oh God hidingintheundergrowth ever since they showed those I have so badly wanted a pair, but can't find them on Gap's website!! I've been going mad searching! If anyone can post a link to where I can actually buy the damn things, rather than watch someone else flounce around in them, I'll be theirs forever.

OP, I think dungarees are great and would wear them all the time- pregnancy is just an excuse to sneak them back into my wardrobe after a break of about 20 years. Wear them with pride and an overwhelming feeling of comfort.

BedHog Tue 23-Aug-11 21:29:27

I think I'd find the bib and buckle bits annoying, considering how many times you have to go to the toilet when pregnant!!

PinkFondantFancy Tue 23-Aug-11 21:44:40

Ooooooh where can you get some - I want some!!!

upahill Tue 23-Aug-11 21:47:26

Maternity clothing has come along way. Why would you want something so hideous!!

I have not seen one person over the age on 3 look good in these let alone grown women.

Chynah Tue 23-Aug-11 22:01:05

Just don't do it! Wouldn't even put my children in them - ever!

upahill Tue 23-Aug-11 22:02:42

Chynah I was begining to think I was a lone voice!!

RollingInTheAisles Tue 23-Aug-11 22:07:46

Yes what happens when you need a wee? Do they have poppers like the baby ones have? smile

setara Wed 24-Aug-11 16:54:11

Lived in my very unfashionable white and blue dungerees last time, and i will do the same this time, because i love them and they are very me.

NorthernChinchilla its a long shot but are you near Manchester at all? because i got mine at Afflecks they have loads of great maternity clothes there.

NorthernChinchilla Wed 24-Aug-11 19:45:57

Hi setara, I would've been a few years ago but am now exiled in south east. I can imagine Afflecks' maternity stuff being great, not that it was on my shopping list when I used to go there! More see-though mesh clubbing gear at that point....

Thanks for the tip, and if I do get a chance I'll make a beeline.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now