Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

37 weeks and in agony....good or bad?!

(5 Posts)
Ilovekittyelise Tue 23-Aug-11 11:43:54

Hi ladies

As the title says - 37+3 and in agony. Pelvic pain has been quite bad in general for the past few months and walking has been unpleasant. However, this morning i have woken up and the pressure in my pelvis is so immense that I can barely walk. I am also experiencing quite a lot of tightening low down and wondering whether my body is beginning to prepare itself to shed the heavy load (soon please) or this is just how uncomfortable life is going to be for the next few weeks?

I also cant stop eating mars bars. nothing good can come of it!

icravecheese Tue 23-Aug-11 11:58:20

Could well be that baby has fully engaged - I remember intense downward pressure feeling when DC2 engaged, and all I could do was crawl around on my hands & knee's for the rest of the day (she arrived that evening by the way, so get prepared!!). You are, technically, full term at 37wks, so if baby was to start making his/her way into the world now, it should be perfectly fine.... when is your next midwife appt? Oh, and keep up the mars bars... if this is 'it', then you'll need the energy!!

Sandra2011 Tue 23-Aug-11 12:03:07

You might be well ready by now.

My son was born 37+2 and I felt bit like that.... minus the Mars bar.

Ilovekittyelise Tue 23-Aug-11 12:03:35

got hospital appointment tomorrow....im actually worried about walking from car parking to appointment as so hurty.

id LOVE it if he came today, but im not the sort of person that is that lucky!!!

I had acupuncture yesterday so it might be that it has actually helped him engage (im booked for induction at 39+3 and wanted to give it my best shot of brining self into labour, or at least getting him into position and making for a 'better' induction!).

PETRONELLAS Tue 23-Aug-11 12:09:53

I felt like that too, about four days before mine came a little early at 37 weeks. I rang the hosp about the pain tho as was quite scared. They said as long as lots of movement from baby and no discharge it should be fine, but that I could go in if I wanted to. Good luck and bring on the Mars bars...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now