Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else getting really impatient?

(15 Posts)
Newmom2b Tue 23-Aug-11 10:53:06

I'm 32 weeks and have 3 weeks and 2 days left at work and then another 4 weeks until baby comes and I'm getting sooo impatient! I reckon these last 10 weeks are the longest!
I am not motivated AT ALL at work which i think is why time is going even slower..
Anyone have any ideas on making time go faster! lol worth a try! x

apples82 Tue 23-Aug-11 10:59:09

I'm the same as you, I have 3 weeks and 3 days left at work, then four weeks in theory until baby comes, work days are taking forever to come and go!

icravecheese Tue 23-Aug-11 11:00:52

Me too! I'm 32wks too, this is my 3rd, & i've never felt so impatient! Think its more to do with fact that pregnancy with a 2yr old & 4yr old is bloomin' hard work now! I have always found that the last 10wks go the slowest for all my pregnancies....

No advice re: making time go faster I'm afraid, other than don't wish away quiet, peaceful time now (if this is your 1st? if not, then ignore me because quiet, peaceful time won't exist if you already have kids!). Just enjoy the time to yourself & plan lots of little outings / activities for your mat leave. We're nearly there!! x

MissRee Tue 23-Aug-11 11:08:16

Meeeeee and I'm only 21 weeks!! grin

Ria x

SaulGood Tue 23-Aug-11 11:11:51

Nope. Am 36 weeks with dc2 and it's going too quickly. And the memories of the birth/early days with dd are getting sharper.

outthere Tue 23-Aug-11 11:15:21

Yep - and me, I'm coming up 27 weeks and really wishing it was 37 weeks!

With my first two I was just simply excited and couldn't wait to meet them. This time I'm quite excited but more than anything I'm terrified of what lies ahead as I already know how hard it's going to be and I feel as though I just want to "rip the plaser off" and get on with it... grin

Starting to get the nursery in order which is helping the time to pass. It's nice to have a healthy pregnancy this time which means I can get stuck into things...

On the plus side, I LOVE feeling him move and know I'll really miss that... wonder if I'll ever be brave enough to go for number 4!

If you bank on baby arriving on your due date, you're going to be sorely disappointed, love. Sorry. You could have ANOTHER 10 weeks to go yet, so just hold your horses.
I finished work at 36 wks and really wish now I'd stuck to my original plan of 38 (I'm 40+6 today) - it would have filled a bit more of my time!
Make sure at work you're writing handover documents for whoever is taking on your work. Don't get all stressed in the week you leave work, it's not a good thing!
Make sure you and your OH do some couply stuff in the next three or four weeks before you get to be house-sized, uncomfortable and start whinging like a whingy thing.
Don't do all your jobs at home in the first week of your maternity leave like I did because fuck me, I'm bored now and daytime tv just doesn't cut it!
Get lots of plans made for your mat leave to tempt fate and get your baby out early!
Can you tell I'm a bit fed up of waiting for LO?! smile

Newmom2b Tue 23-Aug-11 11:32:36

ahh JenniferYellowHatsRedLingerie yes i know i could have time after my due date but I hope you mean 10 days and not 10 weeks!! lol
Hope your LO comes soon.. x

SaulGood Tue 23-Aug-11 11:41:28

She means 10 weeks from now. grin

I have 4 weeks maximum to go as they won't let me go over 40 weeks. That's not long enough at all.

Ilovekittyelise Tue 23-Aug-11 11:48:19

im 37+3 and am being induced 2 weeks from today. im in bloody agony and look back at the comparitively heady days of the 33rd week with envy. seriously, it gets worse, much worse. try to enjoy things like being able to pick stuff up off the floor, walking to the loo, not being utterly mental and 'off couch' activities. things get truly horrific around the 36th week i think.

CrazyAlien06 Tue 23-Aug-11 13:34:54

Me! I'm 34 +2 and so impatient! Finished work at end of school term so bored out of my nut :-( roll on arrival of LO :0) 7 1/2 weeks max until he/she is here!

Yep, 10 weeks from now - thanks Saul smile
This baby's lazy and stubborn like her dad so can't see her moving any time soon Newmom but thanks for your wishes lovely! Honestly, don't wish the time away. And don't believe any of the nonsense about baby eviction when you get to your due date - you can eat as much curry/pineapple as you like, shag like rabbits and go for long walks but all you'll end up with is being knackered, full of wind and heartburn and with a sore fanjo. Saul and I advocate lying on the sofa with tea and cake grin

Misty9 Tue 23-Aug-11 14:04:57

still no movement then jenniferyellow ? sad I'm getting impatient too - but have at least the EDD in my head, if not later. 38+1 and seem to spend all my time washing clothes and doing housework. I would agree about enjoying being able to move and do more stuff before you get too huge - I have the mindset of wanting to do things like walks, but my SPD and my size means I'm knackered after 5mins. Rubbish. Trying to enjoy the last weeks of couple-dom though...
Hope it happens soon jennifer smile

Not a thing misty sad
after 4yrs ttc, I'm a bit more than impatient to meet this baby - but not wrestling with the do we wait, get to 40+14, be induced then so she'll arrive 1st Sept and be the oldest in her year, rather than the very youngest if I have her this week? Difficult one.
Anyway, let's not hijack newmom's thread with my pg smile
Good things to do on your mat leave newmom: go swimming (helps you feel not so heavy at all), go to the cinema in the afternoon, get a pedicure because you're not going to be able to see your feet soon never mind reach them smile, get loads of stuff sky-plussed or get boxsets in so you don't have to put up with the tedium of Heir Hunters/Home programmes/Bargain Hunt!

Baby2b Wed 24-Aug-11 07:03:06

40weeks +2 days here and all very good advice from Jen. My last couple of weeks have flown by. I booked in lots of lunches with friends/nct group, cinema nights and nice meals with dh. Was hoping to cancel them due to early arrival wink. They have been a godsend to making the days pass quickly. Really value the quality time I have had with dh as the pregnancy can become a little all consuming. grin

Would highly recommend pregnancy yoga (another great way to meet people) and keeping up swimming if possible.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now