Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Fruit tea - safe in pregnancy?

(5 Posts)
broodylicious Tue 23-Aug-11 09:37:11

Morning lovely ladies! [waves] grin

Just a quick one - is it safe to drink fruit tea while i'm pregnant? I have cut out all caffeine (tried my once beloved diet coke twice = horrid sickness!) and fruit tea is one of the only drinks I can seem to cope with... but I don't want to be putting my baby at risk if they're not safe.

xx

icravecheese Tue 23-Aug-11 09:43:57

Yes they're safe - I drank loads of fruit tea in first trimester as milk in normal (decaf!) tea made me feel very sick. I believe the only one to avoid is raspberry leaf tea (something to do with triggering uterine contractions). But I don't recall seeing this sold in the fruit tea multipack type things you can buy - they are usually all strawberry / mango / blackcurrant etc. Ooh yum, I might revisit my fruit tea craving now I've read this post! Enjoy!

KateeTheBump Tue 23-Aug-11 09:45:10

Fruit tea should be fine, just avoid the raspberry leaf tea until you're in your third trimester smile

Have you tried decaffeinated tea? Not quite as satisfying as a proper cuppa, but I got bored of all the fruit/mint/camomile ones quite quickly!

KateeTheBump Tue 23-Aug-11 09:45:33

x-post with icravecheese! grin

TopazMortmain Tue 23-Aug-11 11:41:14

Watch out for hibiscus in the ingredients as believe it should be avoided

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now