Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

31 weeks pregnant - feels like bubbles in my tummy??

(11 Posts)
supergreenuk Tue 23-Aug-11 07:23:31

I'm 31.3 weeks pregnant and yesterday and today I'm getting a different sensation in my tummy. It feels like the baby is doing a trump. It's like bubbles and many of them popping one after another. If I stop and watch my tummy while it's happening I can see my tummy is moving in a fluttery (sorry but describing as best I can) way.

It's not hiccups as I know what hiccups feels like as baby has had them a few times and this is my second baby.My first had hiccups a lot.

Should I tell my midwife about this change? Has anyone else had this?

Cattleprod Tue 23-Aug-11 08:18:22

I've had this a couple of times - sort of a shaky vibrating feeling like when a dog scratches itself with its back leg. No idea what baby is doing in there!

supergreenuk Tue 23-Aug-11 08:30:40

Lol. You just cant picture what they are doing to create such a sensation can you? It's like they are having a fit or spasms something.

icravecheese Tue 23-Aug-11 09:41:29

I'm 32+ weeks and am feeling the same - strange bubbly sensations. This is my 3rd preg & I'm just assuming its like a jacuzzi in there now as my uterus has gotten so big due to no tummy muscles holding anything in, I just assume baby is having a good ol' wiggly splash around! Lets hope all this fun in the womb means they'll be exhausted by the time they arrive & will sleep perfectly from day one [loud snort / yeah right!!!]

DaydreamDolly Tue 23-Aug-11 09:44:10

Sounds like perhaps the baby is hiccupping?? Sweet, I remember this wih DD1 she always had the hiccups.

Newmom2b Tue 23-Aug-11 09:56:36

I'm 32+2 and I've noticed the same. Instead of big kicks, I'm feeling more 'pushing', rolling and bubbling...

DaydreamDolly Tue 23-Aug-11 10:15:25

Oops sorry didn't read the op properly, not hiccups then! blush

supergreenuk Tue 23-Aug-11 16:12:12

I have a theory actually. Came to me today. When dd used to breast feed she would do this funny chin wobble. I think it is maybe sucking it's thumb or something and doing that same chin thing.

I echo the "yeah right" Icravecheese.

Yes as there is less space the big movements can seem very intense.

ALotToTakeIn Tue 23-Aug-11 16:57:06

I'm 31+3 and mine does this all the time, bump has only had hiccups once but the bubbles - every day. I like to imagine animal from the muppets playing the drums as thats what it feels like he/she is doing in there.

supergreenuk Tue 23-Aug-11 20:15:53

Oh wow. We are due on the same date.

lovemybabyboy Wed 24-Aug-11 12:03:29

I am 31+4 weeks pregnant with DC2 and have been having the same sensation! I thought it might be hiccups but it feels different very different to when DS used to get hiccups he had them quite a lot!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now