Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Hi prem baby sleeping in crib?

(8 Posts)
Valiant1 Mon 22-Aug-11 21:01:13

My sister says i have to buy a moses basket if my dd is born prem (posibilly the next two weeks 34/5 weeks) Is the norm?

sazm Mon 22-Aug-11 21:27:46

why lol?
one of my lo's was born at 35 weeks,he preferred the crib as he could see through the spars on it,as he was used to the see through cot in hospital! he hated the moses basket!

Valiant1 Mon 22-Aug-11 21:45:05

DH is like that's 4 places to sleep!!!! the cot, crib,pram and Moses basket. she says it is because it keeps the warmth in better! I can't afford one! dd was 37 weeks and didn't sleep in one just had the cribx

sleepevader Mon 22-Aug-11 21:46:57

Your sister is taking rubbish!

Valiant1 Mon 22-Aug-11 21:49:31

Thank you xxxx [grin} she normally does grin

MichaelaS Tue 23-Aug-11 22:41:00

talking rubbish I agree. Prem babies will often need an extra layer of clothing, depending on how prem they are and how thick their fat layer is. But get advice from the SCBU as its important not to let them overheat too because it increases the cot death risk, already higher in prems.

maybe buy some tempadots online too to check you've got it right - they are sticks which you put against the baby's skin under their arm and leave for 30 seconds or so. then take it out and it gives a core temp reading. that way you know you've got the combination of the number of layers of clothing and the warmth of the room right.

good luck! Mx

Valiant1 Wed 24-Aug-11 15:29:43

Thanks am 35 weeks today so if i can keep baby in safe for one more week smile

sazm Wed 24-Aug-11 21:14:14

aww good luck xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now