Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Where is your baby at 15 weeks?

(9 Posts)
Squiglettsmummy2bx Mon 22-Aug-11 19:23:18

I am almost 15 weeks & am feeling fluttering behind & mainly to the left of my belly button. Bump is quite apparent & high up. At consultant appointment a trainee had a feel & listened for & found a heartbeat right where I could feel baby although I hadn't mentioned fluttering yet. Consultant came in & told her off as I'm too early for baby to be up there etc & she tried down low & nothing. Then up she goes & there is the galloping heartbeat & a couple of whooshes as baby wriggles. So anyone elses babies up there already? Where are they finding your bubbas?

SaulGood Mon 22-Aug-11 19:28:32

I have a shallow pelvis and a short body. At my 16 week appointment you could see the baby squirming around, fiddling with my belly button etc. The movements were externally visible. The midwife was very amused at his efforts kicking the doppler.

Generally at 15 weeks they're a bit lower down than that and still perfectly able to hide right down behind the pubic bone.

NoobyNoob Mon 22-Aug-11 19:49:27

Nowhere at the minute, I'm 18 weeks sad

Desperately want to feel my baby.

Squiglettsmummy2bx Mon 22-Aug-11 20:51:31

Awwww Nooby, it will come x

marthamay Tue 23-Aug-11 09:11:57

I reckon that women's bodies must vary quite a bit on the inside as well as on the outside don't you think??? I'm also extremely short waisted and there is not much room at all between my pelvis and the top of my ribs - I felt my baby a lot earlier than any of my friends and had a noticeable bump by about 12 weeks. There was just not much space for the little one! You wait until 30+ weeks!!!!

MrsCog Tue 23-Aug-11 20:45:20

Ooh marthamay that is quite interesting - I've v short waisted too, 11+5 and really starting to struggle with holding all the bloat in, and even when i do, my stomach is starting to look a bit convex rather than concave. Maybe I should stop worrying about weight gain as it could be baby?

PinkFondantFancy Tue 23-Aug-11 21:46:52

You might find this link interesting - I had no idea this is what happens to your body!

marthamay Wed 24-Aug-11 10:05:49

Cool link pink fondant! Now I can just imagine all my innards squashing up....!

PinkFondantFancy Wed 24-Aug-11 12:04:59

It's fab isn't it! Another MNer posted it on a different board and I look at it all the time-definitely explains a few things!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now