Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Swollen tender area on breasts

(2 Posts)
missingmargarita Mon 22-Aug-11 19:09:51

Hoping someone may be able to help!

I'm 27 weeks pregnant and have developed swollen tender areas on each breast over the last couple of days.

One breast is worse than the other and the areas are away from the nipple, but on the top side towards the center of my chest. When I press on them they become less tender, but then the swelling comes back.

No leakage as far as I can feel or see!! Any ideas?

TheOnlyWayIsEnfield Mon 22-Aug-11 19:17:49

I am 19 weeks now, but at about 8 weeks I got swellings in both breasts, left larger than right, you can see them without even feeling as they are that big! They don't sound identical to yours, as mine became more tender as I prodded them to try to work out what they were! Mine were also away from the nipple, but on the outer side.
I went to the breast clinic (referred by gp) and they ultrasounded them - they were to do with milk production, even at that early stage, and I didn't have any leakage either (and still haven't). They are still here! The clinic are going to check them again next month.
Was really fucking stressful until I found out what was up, especially as there doesn't seem to be much info about it on the net, but hope that sets your mind at rest a bit? Probably wouldn't hurt to go to your gp, after all I think we can kiss goodbye to our dignity what with the whole childbirth thing...
HTH

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now