Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Am I having a phantom pregnancy

(7 Posts)
yellowflowers Mon 22-Aug-11 17:26:19

my dd is 8 months. About 4 months ago I felt nauseous for a couple of weeks. As I'd only felt nauseous before when pregnant I did a test. It was negative.

Thought nothing more then last week I was sitting on the sofa and had a funny feeling in my tummy - like a baby rolling over. Did another test - negative.

Since then a couple of funny sensations but nothing strong.

I've been feeling for a month or so like my periods are on the cusp of returning but so far nothing. Also I have had a couple of feeling faint moments but felt better when I sat down and ate something.

So anyone two negative tests means negative right? I would feel like a complete arse going to doc and saying I am having a phantom pregnancy.

G1nger Mon 22-Aug-11 17:47:39

But if you are having a phantom pregnancy, there might be a medical explanation for the symptoms you're having. You don't have to tell them your suspicion - just present with the symptoms and see what they think.

Thornykate Mon 22-Aug-11 18:57:46

I was reading somewhere about how you can get false negatives later in pregnancy as the hcg is too high for the test to read? Is it the hook effect or something? Sorry can't be more specific it was a while ago & I was skim reading!
Definitely go to the gp though for a check up smile

Gingersnap88 Mon 22-Aug-11 19:04:54

I had 2 negatives before I had a positive, but I think this was because it was too early for the test to detect and my hormone levels can't have been high?

themightyskim Mon 22-Aug-11 19:13:37

I dont think your being an arse at all, like G1nger said go with your symptoms and see what they think - you know your own body x

saoirse86 Mon 22-Aug-11 21:57:42

I would say go to your GP. Having said that I've been having the same thing as you, tons of pregnancy symptoms, constantly feeling baby-like flutters and what seriously feels like kicks sometimes. But if this was actually a pregnancy I'd be huge by now as it's been going on since January! I stopped doing tests as they were always negative. My DD is 11 months so I wonder if it's hormones or my body getting back to normal. Not sure though.

You should definitely go to a GP though and so should I! smile

yellowflowers Mon 22-Aug-11 23:05:43

Yes you are all right. Am hoping nausea was a bug and weird tummy movements just womb returning to normal.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now