Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

How many people on here had periods during pregnancy?

(10 Posts)
runfree Sun 21-Aug-11 23:21:43

How many did you have before they stopped?

Where they the same just lighter, less days, no pain, no clots?

runfree Sun 21-Aug-11 23:22:37

also how long before your pregnancy was detected? did you have to have a scan to confirm?

G1nger Mon 22-Aug-11 09:08:23

I had nothing. My pregnancy was detected the day before my period was due - but I hadn't tried a test before this point, so..

licoriceGreen Mon 22-Aug-11 09:21:01

I had one, it was lighter than normal I was 8 weeks pregnant when I found out I was expecting. I got a clear blue digital test 3 weeks after my period ( I was sick so thought I'd check) it said I was over 5 weeks. When I went to the docs they took the date of the period before that and made a 12 week scan appointment based on that. The scan put my dates back slightly. If you're worried I'd call the docs.

crazyhead Mon 22-Aug-11 10:00:32

My mum had what seemed to be periods for months, and therefore didn't realise she was pregnant with me till 5 months or so.

If you've had them for months, they obviously won't be actual periods, but could be bleeding from various causes, some sinister, some not. I'd go to the early pregnancy unit and get checked out

(I have had bleeding episodes myself this preg and am fine at 28 weeks).

girlsrus Mon 22-Aug-11 22:31:16

well i am not sure what is going on, i tested neg a couple of months ago but not sure now. normally with periods i get clots and they're real heavy, start off browny and go through shades etc. last few months have been super light, bright red the whole time, no clots, no pains at all even just before it starts which normally happens but big time pmt.

scepticalexpat Mon 22-Aug-11 23:14:27

I had one, which to start with seemed normal. It never got properly going though - just light brownish bleeding for 3 days. Then it went off again and I was suspicious and did a pregnancy test a couple of days later, which was positive.

crazyhead Mon 22-Aug-11 23:19:06

I'd retest, then maybe go to the GP. You would normally have a positive by now, but I'd still check. Really stressful when your body plays these tricks on you!

PurplePillow Mon 22-Aug-11 23:24:06

I had normal periods for the first 3 months of my pregnancy and only tested to shut friends up as I had no symptoms, had gained a few pounds but put it down to fabulous food on holidayhmm and I was 12 weeks grin

Periods stopped and had fantastic pregnancy gringringrin

girlsrus Tue 23-Aug-11 13:29:24

Well it would have been a better outcome but my gp just called to say I have a natrrowing of the cervix? And a polyp has also shown up on the scan so they think the narrowing is restricting my normal period flow and all the blood is not coming out. I am being referred for more tests. You would have thought I would have had tummy ache if my blood was not coming out, and three periods in a row would surely give me a lot of bloating? I am not sure I am an convinced.

They said I will be put asleep as they put a camera up throught my cervix to have a look (never been put asleep before so really nervous about that)... plus the polyp.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now