Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Sorry, trivial post...

(7 Posts)
Tigerinmysoup Sun 21-Aug-11 21:56:43

I'm really peeved as my Mamas & Papas tankini that I only started wearing about 8 weeks ago has started going really baggy round my arse. Cost me £30! angry I go to a weekly antenatal water aerobics class, and swimming with my DS, and there's no way this costume will last another 12 weeks (am 28 wks). I am really loathe to have to fork out for another costume, but have this bikini from my last pregnancy which I wore on holiday. Looked fine on holiday, but would you wear it to your local pool? Or to a water aerobics class?
Failing that, does anyone know where I can get a cheap costume?

Misty9 Sun 21-Aug-11 21:58:17

I saw Boots had some maternity swimming cossies - and might be on sale soon too? smile

GlaikitFizzog Sun 21-Aug-11 22:01:45

I got a tankini from Mothercare. It was in the sale though.

I would take your one back to M&Ps, as it obviously isn;t fit for purpose. They are legally obliged to offer you an exchange for faulty goods.

Tigerinmysoup Sun 21-Aug-11 22:05:44

Boots? Had never thought of looking there, thanks!

Our local mothercare only ever has tiny or huge sizes left, which is why I ended up with this M&P rubbish. I'm pretty sure I've chucked the receipt though, otherwise I would take it back.

thisisyesterday Sun 21-Aug-11 22:08:55

you shouldn't need a receipt to take something back if it's faulty.

it's worth a try anyway. if you have a bank statement showing you purchased things on that date in that store it may help though

definitely take it back

hermionejgranger Mon 22-Aug-11 05:22:53

agree with thisisyesterday - I took 4 jumpers back to M&S after 3 months because they had gone baggy and they gave me a credit note - no fuss at all. You might need your "brave" head on but if they are faulty if not fit for purpose they should legally replace them. Martin Lewis has a useful consumer rights checklist here
hth

G1nger Mon 22-Aug-11 09:02:34

I agree on the getting your money back suggestions. As I said to John Lewis, 3 years after buying a bathroom cabinet which fell apart, replacing them every three years would be a very expensive way to go about things. Your case is even more cut and dried - your costume isn't fit for purpose, clearly.

As for the bikini, several people wear bikinis to my local swimming pools. I don't agree with it, personally - I think it's really tacky - but it seems fairly normal in this area.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now