Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

when is safe to fly

(6 Posts)
hayle Sun 21-Aug-11 20:42:12

Hiya iv just found out im 3 week pregnant with my first baby smile
however i have a holiday booked to Thailand at the end of December,
will the baby be safe to fly a this stage of pregnancy?

Thanks
Hayley xx

LunaticFringe Sun 21-Aug-11 21:27:39

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

magicmelons Sun 21-Aug-11 21:50:12

You can fly up until 28 weeks however you may need some vaccines for Thailand that you won't be able to have.

MrsHuxtable Mon 22-Aug-11 11:41:27

It depends on the airline until when they will let you fly. More expensive ones will take you til 36 weeks without a doctors note.
Flying isn't so much the problem but your destination. For Thailand you might need some vaccinations you won't be able to have in pregnancy.

Kathygirl Mon 22-Aug-11 15:29:04

up untill 28 weeks unless the doc says othewise

hayle Tue 23-Aug-11 11:23:18

Thank you girls smile
Iv been to Thailand heaps of times and I actually have chosen not to take any vaccinations - I work in natural health - lets see how natural i'll want to keep things on birth day lol!!

We are going to the south where theres not really a risk of tropical diseases its more the north you have to watch.

Im flying with Air India, they are not an expensive airline but the service is equal to that of british airways, they are fantastic - not great leg room but fantastic, especially if you love indian food smile
Anyway im going off topic - think im getting baby brain already lol

Thanks again xx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: