Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Just found out im pregnant and worried........

(11 Posts)
themightyskim Sat 20-Aug-11 17:51:35

......probably about nothing but Ive had stomach ache all day, im getting myself worked up and have started getting a little pain in my left side but not sure if thats just my hyperchondraisis setting in, I think im just over five weeks can anyone put my mind to rest? Im not bleeding and I can breathe in without any pain and touch my stomach without pain

TheOriginalFAB Sat 20-Aug-11 17:53:46

Is it your first?

themightyskim Sat 20-Aug-11 17:59:08

yes can you tell lol x

BuffyFan Sat 20-Aug-11 17:59:42

themightyskim that sounds completely normal IME. I had what felt like period pains from about 5 to 11 weeks, and it did ease eventually. It's everything starting to stretch and probably implantation happening sometime around now.

Mention it to your GP when you go though - always better to say something than keep quiet

Congratulations btw!!! grin

benne81 Sat 20-Aug-11 18:02:28

Hi it is probably nothing but I would get myself checked out if I was you - ring your local out of hours GP service and they will arrange to see you. If you are having pain on one side at 5 weeks an ectopic really needs to be ruled out (you can have one without bleeding). I am not saying that it is an ectopic but I think it is better to be safe than sorry and get yourself checked - why do these tthings always happen at the weekend!

themightyskim Sat 20-Aug-11 18:06:27

thanks guys I really do appreciate you taking the time - the sharp pains gone again, pretty much from the moment I read the word normal so Im pretty convinced its just me talking myself in to symptoms but if it comes back I think Ill head down to the doctors, feeling proper sickly now and off food so I suppose its more likely something to do with that sad god help me for the rest of my pregnancy lol x

TheOriginalFAB Sat 20-Aug-11 18:14:00

I wasn't making fun, it is just it could be the stretching. I was told the pains I had would mean I would lose the baby. Baby is now 10.

cleanteeth Sat 20-Aug-11 19:07:32

Agree with fab and buffy, sounds like its just stretching, you'll probably feel a bit more as things progress. your bound to work things up in your head at first, its a very precious package your carrying in there! you'll realise when its something serious, and dont be afraid of going to the docs if your really worried smile

themightyskim Sat 20-Aug-11 20:17:25

I know you weren't fab don't worry I really appreciate you all taking the time to answer what Im sure must be an every day question on here!! just worked out my due date - its my birthday lmao theres timing grin

TheOriginalFAB Sat 20-Aug-11 20:24:26

I suggest you don't tell anyone your due date as you will get lots of calls near the time and if you are late, it will annoy you.

None of mine have come on their due date so don't focus too much on that smile.

themightyskim Sat 20-Aug-11 21:11:02

my friend has just gone 2 and a half weeks over, she said that about her own pregnancy - she wished she hadn't said anything in the end, god due dates are the least of my worries I know nothing about babies never really been around them lol, this one is very wanted but also bound to give me a few big headaches lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now