Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

do I need a changing mat in the hospital?

(7 Posts)
MrsCLH Sat 20-Aug-11 11:07:47

Trivial question but just sorting my hospital bag. Using changing bag for baby stuff and it has a matching mat in it. Would give me a lot more room if I could take it out and leave at home. Can I do without it in the hospital?

faverolles Sat 20-Aug-11 11:09:50

You won't need it in hospital. All changing is done in the fish tank cot, if any tar poo gets on the sheets, you can get clean ones. smile

DizzyCow63 Sat 20-Aug-11 11:12:02

In our hospital you weren't allowed to change baby in the cot, but each private room had it's own little changing station with a changing mat, sink etc and there were two at the end of each ward (only four beds to a ward).

LoveBeingAtHomeOnMyOwn Sat 20-Aug-11 11:13:15

I did mine on my bed on top if some muslins, but have put a travel mat in this time.

stressheaderic Sat 20-Aug-11 11:23:10

If it's just a thin fold up jobby, no harm in chucking it in - each hosp is different but ours had a nearby room with changing mats set out - you had to put blue roll on the mat first though.

gorionine Sat 20-Aug-11 11:29:03

was given these (or similar) in hospital

Fresh01 Sat 20-Aug-11 15:13:53

In the hospital where I had DC2 and DC3, you changed the baby on top of your bed so yes the change mat from the changebag was needed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now