Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

another pregnancy 'worry', probably nothing?

(8 Posts)
babycarmen Fri 19-Aug-11 20:28:33

Its probably nothing, but i have been getting stabby pains in my lower abdomen for the last couple of house, right where my uterus is (can feel it). Im 16 weeks with my DC2 and dont remember anything like this from the first time round...
Anyone had this before? :/ Its quite painful.

AKMD Fri 19-Aug-11 20:31:27

I'd give your midwife a call and get checked out. I don't think delivery suite will check you this early on but they might be worth calling just in case. It's probably nothing to worry about but it's always better safe than sorry and absolutely no one will mind you calling.

babycarmen Fri 19-Aug-11 20:37:58

It doesnt feel like im having 'tightnings' or anything its just a stabby pain like im literally being stabbed with a needle or something :/ Il give them a call tomorrow if it carrys on, theres no way i could go anywhere tonight if they were to ask me to go up.

Crosshair Fri 19-Aug-11 20:44:04

round ligament pain?

Crosshair Fri 19-Aug-11 20:44:56

www.babycenter.com/0_round-ligament-pain_205.bc

babycarmen Fri 19-Aug-11 20:50:31

Thanks for the link! It could be that, although the pain happens when im sitting still and its higher up the my bikini line, more like half way between there and my belly button :/
Its probably everything just stretching and moving though im sure..
Thanks for replying!

Crosshair Fri 19-Aug-11 20:56:42

Np's.

Hopefully it will sort itself out. smile

PrincessScrumpy Fri 19-Aug-11 21:20:18

I'd get it checked but with second pg I'm experiencing very different pains that with dd1.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now