Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

got to take DC to antenatal apps but don't want him to know I'm pregnant

(4 Posts)
kickingking Fri 19-Aug-11 20:14:35

I am just over five weeks pregnant and have a DS, aged 4.

I wanted to keep the pregnancy a secret from him til we went public, as obviously he cannot be expected to keep a secret at his age.

However, I have three appointments before I will even be much past seven weeks (am high risk). I will have to take him with me to at least two of them, as he will be on a bizzare part-time timetable for entry to reception and DH/close family members are already taking leave from work to help with that, and can't take anymore.

What shall I do? I'm tempted to get him to listen to stories on the ipod while I'm in the appointments and hope he doesn't cotton on to what's going on! I don't want to be publicly outed by my child!

Purplebuns Fri 19-Aug-11 20:18:12

How about finding a childminder? Some are very flexible. Where I have my appointments they have toys and things is there any distractions like that where you are going?

kickingking Fri 19-Aug-11 20:20:46

One of them is at a Sure Start centre, so probably there will be toys, etc.

I wouldn't know where to start with childminders.

Purplebuns Fri 19-Aug-11 20:25:22

The sure start should definitely have toys and things, if you are considering a childminder then this website is good. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now