Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

humour me...I'm being pathetic

(6 Posts)
madmomma Fri 19-Aug-11 19:48:15

Just seen dp off for the weekend - he's going to a music festival. I had no problem with this before, and I'm not sure why now I feel really lonely and sad. Stupid really because I have my lovely teenage daughter for company, and my baby son. My Mum lives a few doors down & I have friends so what is my problem? I just feel really melancholy all of a sudden. He's a pain in the arse when he's here, so WTF? (I'm 5 months pregnant)

lostlady Fri 19-Aug-11 19:52:12

It does feel weird when they're away, especially when pregnant, I found. When they've just gone is the worst, I think- relax and have an early night with a good book, will fly past after that smile

Purplebuns Fri 19-Aug-11 20:23:06

My DH is deserting me going to a conference with work next week and he is going to be away for two days and one night. I am dreading it! I am already planning take away and some moping I wouldn't normally be as bothered. But sad

pruney1977 Fri 19-Aug-11 20:30:04

I know how you feel. Before I was pregnant I was fine when DH went away but since being pregnant, I hate him being away. He was away for 8 days the other week and I was so tearful, I hated it so much. In fact, I even worry when he leaves the house for work. I frankly feel quite pathetic but seems to be a common emotional side effect of pregnancy.

madmomma Fri 19-Aug-11 20:32:04

Thanks guys - it sucks doesn't it? I'm sure I'll be fine. The bloody irony of how much he gets on my nerves when he's here!

PrincessScrumpy Fri 19-Aug-11 21:24:31

dh has been invited to a football match that he really wants to go to (Liverpool are playing locally-ish). I wouldn't want to stop him but I'm booked for cs a week and a half later and am pg with twins so high chance of them coming early - I'm betting it'll be the night of the football! :-)

I've been emotional for various reasons this pg - it's allowed and you don't even need a decent reason.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: