Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

humour me...I'm being pathetic

(6 Posts)
madmomma Fri 19-Aug-11 19:48:15

Just seen dp off for the weekend - he's going to a music festival. I had no problem with this before, and I'm not sure why now I feel really lonely and sad. Stupid really because I have my lovely teenage daughter for company, and my baby son. My Mum lives a few doors down & I have friends so what is my problem? I just feel really melancholy all of a sudden. He's a pain in the arse when he's here, so WTF? (I'm 5 months pregnant)

lostlady Fri 19-Aug-11 19:52:12

It does feel weird when they're away, especially when pregnant, I found. When they've just gone is the worst, I think- relax and have an early night with a good book, will fly past after that smile

Purplebuns Fri 19-Aug-11 20:23:06

My DH is deserting me going to a conference with work next week and he is going to be away for two days and one night. I am dreading it! I am already planning take away and some moping I wouldn't normally be as bothered. But sad

pruney1977 Fri 19-Aug-11 20:30:04

I know how you feel. Before I was pregnant I was fine when DH went away but since being pregnant, I hate him being away. He was away for 8 days the other week and I was so tearful, I hated it so much. In fact, I even worry when he leaves the house for work. I frankly feel quite pathetic but seems to be a common emotional side effect of pregnancy.

madmomma Fri 19-Aug-11 20:32:04

Thanks guys - it sucks doesn't it? I'm sure I'll be fine. The bloody irony of how much he gets on my nerves when he's here!

PrincessScrumpy Fri 19-Aug-11 21:24:31

dh has been invited to a football match that he really wants to go to (Liverpool are playing locally-ish). I wouldn't want to stop him but I'm booked for cs a week and a half later and am pg with twins so high chance of them coming early - I'm betting it'll be the night of the football! :-)

I've been emotional for various reasons this pg - it's allowed and you don't even need a decent reason.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now