Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

pain in rib cage...anyone else?

(7 Posts)
Snakeears Fri 19-Aug-11 19:23:48

Hi there,

I'm 34 weeks and 4 days pregnant and I have been really lucky and well so far - I was expecting to be slowing down and feeling more uncomfortable now which I have a little bit.

for the last couple of nights I have been waking with really painful feeling in my rib cage - mostly my left side (trying to sleep on my left) - does anyone else get this, any tips to ease it or stop it or is this part of the last few weeks?

thanks x

MrsRhettButler Fri 19-Aug-11 19:28:32

I have it constantly in my right rib since around 28 weeks but this is because I have a curved spine and it makes the rib push on the baby.

I find standing or walking is the best thing due to gravity pulling the baby down from your ribs, sitting is the worst for me

There is no cure! I have been prescribed co codamol as it was becoming unbearable sad

No help sorry

MadamDeathstare Fri 19-Aug-11 19:30:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

notasausage Fri 19-Aug-11 20:27:32

I had this recently but it went almost as soon as I switched to a nursing bra from underwired. Was about 38 weeks.

Snakeears Fri 19-Aug-11 21:56:16

Thanks,

that's helpful I wondered if it might just be lengthening x

pruney1977 Fri 19-Aug-11 22:02:05

Not wishing to worry you but I think that might be a symptom of pre-eclampsia. I only know this because I had some pains like that last week and looked if it was pregnancy related as I'd forgot to tell the doctor about it at my ante-natal check up. I should say though can't remember which website I read it on and whether it was a reputable one but I decided to not pay it any mind as I'm only 22 weeks.

MrsRhettButler Fri 19-Aug-11 22:18:05

I know the mw always asks if you have pain across the top of your stomach so I thought it was more stomach pain not rib pain that was dangerous?

I would mention it to mw anyway just in case.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now