Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

stretchmarks

(4 Posts)
Lola12345 Fri 19-Aug-11 11:46:42

so i thought i had got away with them being quite far along but they have suddenly caught up with me.

i have developed loads on my stomach which i expected but also all up my hips and thighs. i may be being indenial but didnt think that i had put much weight on in these areas and my skins normally very good as i have never got them before from years of my weight yoyo-ing!

is this just something to expect or have i clearly gained alot of weight in these areas too?

tory79 Fri 19-Aug-11 12:04:21

Not necessarily. I have none on my tummy which is pretty massive (31 weeks) but my boobs are covered in them, even though I have only gone from a 34C to a 36C. I thought it would be the other way round!!

tory79 Fri 19-Aug-11 12:04:39

PS I suppose that should be none on my tummy YET!!

whizzyrocket Fri 19-Aug-11 21:54:44

I'm now 29 weeks (I think) and have a pretty big bump with no stretch marks, but my boobs are covered too, like tory -I've gone from a 34D to a 34F and am pretty sure the G would be more appropriate these days. I have some stretch-marks on my thighs and hips but not many. I don't think I've put on that much weight either but I think that because your hips spread and you carry more blood etc when pregnant, there is just more under your skin that it has to allow for. Remember too that as skin is seamless having a big tummy will tug on the skin on your hips- or at least that's how I picture things.

I haven't got any on my tummy yet, I think the stretch marks will catch me in the end as my sister has similar skin to me (quite dry generally) and managed to go through her pregnancy without any and then was caught out in the final few weeks when the baby put on loads of weight and she looked like Mr Greedy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now