Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Premature first-born, will I go full-term this time?

(8 Posts)
sevensevenseven Fri 19-Aug-11 10:57:24

DS was born at 35+5. I'm now 22 weeks with DD and wondering how many weeks I could have left. Has anyone had a premature DC1 but gone full-term in subsequent pregnancies?

razzdazz Fri 19-Aug-11 13:56:09

Hi, my DS was born at 35+4 but my DD who arrived 21 months after was born at 38 weeks (I have to say I was a bit miffed wink as had hoped she would also be earlier).
Good luck smile

Africagirl1 Fri 19-Aug-11 17:31:31

I had DS at 35 weeks too. He was breech, but they couldn't really give me a reason for the early delivery apart from a slight bruise on the placenta. I am now 30 weeks with DD and she is head down. Doc says there is no indication I will have her early so I have ELCS booked for 38 weeks. Have a sneaky feeling she will come early though so am having an early baby shower and getting her room ready in the next couple of weeks so I don't get caught off guard this time! Did they give you a reason for the early delivery?

sevensevenseven Fri 19-Aug-11 21:18:17

Thanks both of you. I had pre-eclampsia last time but my consultant said I could have delivered early due to that or I may just have delivered early anyway.

eavers Sat 20-Aug-11 16:32:56

My dc were

36+1
35+4

Just had my third and managed to get to 39+4. No reason why the first two were early my consultant and midwife were predicting DC3 would be equally early.

deemented Sat 20-Aug-11 16:35:05

I had my ds1&2 at 28 weeks.

DD was born at 39 weeks.
DS3 was born at 39 weeks.

Am hoping DC5 will be a 39 weeker too.

MintChocAddict Sat 20-Aug-11 22:28:41

Congrats on your pregnancy sevensevenseven

DC1 - Born at 33 weeks - no reason found for this.

DC2 - Born at 42 weeks following two failed membrane sweeps to get him moving!

Hope your DC2 as stubborn as mine. smile

sevensevenseven Sun 21-Aug-11 18:11:25

I hope she's not too stubborn, I'm due 5 days before Christmas! 39 weeks would be lovely though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now