Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Oh dear, the cravings are here...

(27 Posts)
VFVF Fri 19-Aug-11 10:34:21

And what delightful craving do I have during this pregnancy?

LAGER!!!

How typical! It just smells soooo goood..... How unfair!

Does anyone else want to moan about share their cravings with me? Perhaps my irrational mind will focus on one of your (more suitable) cravings!

AKP79 Fri 19-Aug-11 10:43:37

I'm not sure it's sensible, but I have an insatiable craving for ice and ice lollies!

Gingersnap88 Fri 19-Aug-11 11:14:15

Potatoes and milk- I am going to be HUGE sad

MsChanandlerBong Fri 19-Aug-11 12:53:15

Chocolate... bars of it, chocolate biscuits, chocolate popcorn, chocolate cake, chocolate spread...

Actually, not sure if it is legitimate cravings or if I have just given up all pretence of trying to keep my weight down now that I am the size of a small elephant!!

Cattleprod Fri 19-Aug-11 13:57:27

Tescos rocket lollies
Sherbet fountains
I start salivating when I see snow or ice on the tv.
This morning I really fancied one of those leathery dog chews confused - managed to resist that one though!!

AKP79 Fri 19-Aug-11 13:58:20

I'm with you Cattleprod on the snow and ice!

bigmacandhappymeal Fri 19-Aug-11 16:20:22

Becks Blue is non-alcholic and ok-ish....

bigmacandhappymeal Fri 19-Aug-11 16:20:49

*non-alcoholic. Obviously I've had one too many

danio7 Fri 19-Aug-11 17:08:58

ice and ice lollies in abundence..

BUT I was cleaning yesterday and got the White Spirit out- it was sensational! I am actually salivating whilst typing this, I would never drink it (obviously) I just cant get ENOUGH of the smell!!!!!

39+1 smile

Changing2011 Fri 19-Aug-11 17:15:14

Steak pie, sausage roll, pasties, mc Donaldson and yesterday, a cigarette! I havent smoked for years! Managed to resist that craving... Rice crisps are one craving that has returned from being pregnant with dd, with ice cold milk mmmmmmmm

Conchita Fri 19-Aug-11 21:42:26

JAFFA CAKES

notlettingthefearshow Fri 19-Aug-11 21:43:43

Fizzy drinks

Junk food

Sorry baby!

But also ... grapefruit

KateBC Sat 20-Aug-11 00:01:22

I have the lager craving too, have drunk a lot of Becks Blue, and there is a nicer one beginning with H but can't for the life of me remember the name

Also craving porridge, can't get enough of it. Better than ice cream which is all I wanted last time

nosexpleaseimpregnant Sat 20-Aug-11 08:53:50

What about Caliber? That's non-alkie and it's the closest thing I've tasted to real lager ever!!
My cravings have been pretty normal......ham and mustard on toast, oxtail soup with cheese sandwiches dipped in (the cheese has to be grated though, none of this sliced rubbish!!) and olives smile

LoveBeingAtHomeOnMyOwn Sat 20-Aug-11 08:58:47

Chocolate and ice lollies

JenniferHolland Sat 20-Aug-11 16:18:47

FRUITS!!! all day long!

Conchita Sat 20-Aug-11 16:25:16

For any non-alcoholic lager fans, Bitburger Drive is so good I had to check the label to make sure there was no alcohol in it.

VFVF Sun 21-Aug-11 08:51:08

I'll have to go and investigate these lagers! It's getting bad, I keep encouraging DH to have a bottle every night just so I can sniff it grin poor guy doesn't usually drink much!

Gingersnap88 Sun 21-Aug-11 09:12:55

I woke up at 5 am and could not get back to sleep for over an hour because all I could think about was grapefruit! I was worrying that none of the shops will be open until 11am on a Sunday. Argh! I thought that this kind of thing only happened in films? blush

mummy2agirl2b Sun 21-Aug-11 09:59:45

mine is xmas stuff. pudding, pies, slices, any thing christmasy. but to start with i swear i was having a scottish baby as i wanted scottish stuff, white fruit pudding, iro-bru, slice sausage, macaroon. mmmm xxxx

mummy2agirl2b Sun 21-Aug-11 10:00:23

but haven eaten it because i no i will b sick of as fat as a house lol

zazizoma Sun 21-Aug-11 12:08:59

granny smith apples for this one

Mummy2agirl2b; with dd I craved mince pies. A girl thing?

With ds it was cucumbers with salt and vinegar.

VFVF; go ahead and have a good gulp of proper lager.

sjuperwolef Sun 21-Aug-11 12:12:26

chocolate - i have craved it from the word go! cant eat a lot without remembering the god awful sickness it brought on so just a bit every day now and then. and ice lollies, all kinds, fruit ice lollies, rocket lollies, fruit with ice cream in the middle ice lollies, awesome blue and purple tie dye looking lollies and cider lollies that have no cider in them just taste like it from asdas.. im off to asdas! grin

mummy2agirl2b Sun 21-Aug-11 14:26:54

oh salt and vinegar mmm. mince pies and cream mas pudding and cream. mmmm the idea of being sick puts me off eatting it

LoveInAColdClimate Sun 21-Aug-11 22:26:12

Oh god, this morning was having sex with DH (sorry for TMI but necessary in context) and had to stop for a break halfway through because I was so desperate for a glass of milk blush. I did not share the real reason for the pause...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now