Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Have my waters broken?

(8 Posts)
mummybto3 Thu 18-Aug-11 21:39:27

I feel a bit silly asking this, as this is my 4th pg, but not sure if waters have broken or not. In my first 2 pgs, waters didn't break till labour well established, 3rd pg they broke before contractions started and it was quite a lot of fluid. This evening at around 8.00pm I just had a very small trickle, more like a watery, pale discharge. I was due on Sunday - so I am desperately looking for signs things are happening! Haven't called anyone yet - DH is out tonight.. Maybe should call him as last time labour only lasted an hour smile Can waters break very slowly and gradually, or am I just hoping..?

diddygirl Thu 18-Aug-11 21:46:52

My waters broke in little trickles with DD. At the time I thought I was peeing myself!

Good luck!

diddygirl Thu 18-Aug-11 21:48:23

Meant to say - I never had any big gushes. It was about half an egg cup of fluid each time.

mummybto3 Thu 18-Aug-11 22:14:38

OK.. thanks, thats about what I've had, even less.. few dull pains, but no contractions yet... fingers crossed! xx

MrsRhettButler Thu 18-Aug-11 22:19:21

Mine broke like that, a small but steady trickle smile good luck

melrose Thu 18-Aug-11 22:22:24

Mine did that and I posted exactly the same question on here exactly 5 weeks ago (my 3rd pregnancy) DD was born 4 hours later, so from my experience yes it is your waters breaking! (it is the fore waters going and the hind waters will follow, mine went about 2 hours later with more of a gush) Good luck!

My mw said that if the baby's low down, you won't get a gush because the head acts like a plug - does that make sense? <disclaimer: I have no experience at 40+1 with my first!>
hope it is though for you, good luck! smile

candr Fri 19-Aug-11 11:43:00

On other posts I have seen on here the advice seems to be to lie on your left side for a while and see if you have a bit of a gush when you stand up as waters pool (unlike pee) Good luck and keep us updated.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now