Talk

Advanced search

Cant hea babies heart beat t 15 weeks?

(4 Posts)
sam1983 Thu 18-Aug-11 19:27:50

Hi I am hoping some of you guys can help.I am 15 weeks I have had 2 episodies of vaginal bleeding and pain. I have been to the hospital 3 times with this. They said the bleeing was due to erosion of the cervix and the pain was just due to stretching.I have to get a scan on monday as i have had 2 episodies of bleeding. One the 1st 2 times they got the babys heart beat, however on the 3rd time they coudnt get the heart beat, but heard the flow of blood coming from the placenta. They said to be reasured by this and that its hard to get a heart beat this early on. However am not reasured and am very worried. has anyone else had this?

Catsycat Thu 18-Aug-11 19:51:50

I haven't had experience of bleeding during pg, but I remember with both DC the first time I heard the heartbeat was at 16 weeks. Sometimes it did take a while to find the heartbeat, and it could be quite faint depending on where the baby was lying. If the hospital felt you should not worry, then try to hang on to that. Sorry not to be more hlp, but I didn't want you to go unanswered. Take care, and all the best for your scan. x

CBear6 Thu 18-Aug-11 20:31:59

I bled on-and-off all the way through with DS which was put down to various things including cervical erosion. At my 16 week check with this pregnancy the MW couldn't find the heartbeat (which put the fear of god into me because my previous pregnancy was a mmc at 14w) but she could hear the placenta and some noises that sounded like movement and told me that everything was fine. She said that at 16 weeks baby still has plenty of places to hide and it can sometimes be difficult to pick up a heartbeat.

I hope everything is okay on Monday.

nannyl Thu 18-Aug-11 21:43:40

i had bleeding about then too but at 16 weeks

and midwife Did find the heartbeat....... BUT before she even tried she gave me a long long long talk about how it was still very early for her to be able to find a heartbeat, and to really really NOT worry if she couldnt / didnt find it.

as i say in my case she did find it but really drummed into me before hand that she really might not.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now