Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Where is the best place to buy cot and moses basket bedding?

(5 Posts)
pistonpower Thu 18-Aug-11 11:19:21

Hi, I am a first time mum (32+1 weeks) and was wondering where the best place to buy cot and moses basket bedding. I don't want to spend a fortune but I don't want poor quality stuff either. How many sheets/blankets will I need for either? I am starting to panic since I am not organised. I have the bot and moses basket already. Thanks in advance.

SusieQ73 Thu 18-Aug-11 12:20:18

I got moses basket and cot bed sheets and blankets in matalan. Cot bed sheets are still in use 4 years later. Wash well at high temperatures and didn't shrink.
I think I had at least 6-8 moses basket undersheets. The top ones were not really neccessary - just used the blankets without a top sheet.

nannyl Thu 18-Aug-11 12:52:12

I have just bought some cot bed fitted sheets from asda

for cot-bed size they were 2 packs of 2 (so 4 fitted sheets in total) for £12
cot size were a little bit less. (I think one pack was £8 or £9, so 2 packs was a really good deal)

I am amazed with the quality really thick soft nice soft 100% jersey cotton. I have a 13cm deep mattress and it fits with ease, no problem, all the way under
I have used mothercares equivelent on a normal size cot mattress and it hasnt really even reached the bottom of the mattress, + the asda fabric seems thicker and much softer and nicer and better quality.

Also i have washed the sheets at 60C and they fit fine, so not as if new and will shrink in wash, i would have thought thats already happened.

Pretty sure Asda do a whole range of bedding and if the other items are the same quality as the cot bed fitted sheet then you shouldnt be disappointed.

I bought a couple of fitted cot bed waterproof mattress protectors too, from asda. I think they were £6 each and again, no complaints at all about the quality. I was very very impressed (and couldnt even find any cheaper on ebay!) (+ much much nicer than Tesco's equivalent that i also looked at and rejected!)

Pootles2010 Thu 18-Aug-11 12:54:48

I have some from Mamas & papas, they are made from bamboo, really nice and soft still after hundreds of washes, ds is 13 months now.

Got some other bog standard ones from mothercare I think was, they're alright but not as nice as ones from M&P. Don't normally like M&P, but these were good, definitely buy them again.

thejaffacakesareonme Thu 18-Aug-11 13:53:19

I like M&P too. I have 2 DCs. THe M&P sheets have lasted much better than the mothercare ones. I got cotton sheets and they were really thick and good quality. THe mothercare ones seemed thin in comparison.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now