Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Feeling Blue ...

(7 Posts)
TheBreadstick Wed 17-Aug-11 15:36:24

Ho hum, just need to get my hormones off my chest!

Found out two weeks ago that I'm pg, been really fine up until now - a couple of sicky mornings and tiredness, oh and I've cried at Hollyoaks twice, but today I just feel completely blue. sad

I have absolutely no reason to (other than my hormones) but even a walk in the sun at lunchtime hasn't lifted my mood ... is this normal?!

Any offers of hugs and/or Ben & Jerry's greatly received.

Bread x

nunnie Wed 17-Aug-11 15:39:01

Tiredness in the 1st trimester has made me down in all 3 pf my pregnancies. Ben and Jerry's might help though x

SenoritaViva Wed 17-Aug-11 15:41:42

Yes, this is actually entirely usual. I really suffered in the first trimester and a little in the second. I had no problems with first pg but this one has been so different. Far more of a struggle with my hormones.

Do tell your MW and if it gets too bad go and see you GP. I had some very dark thoughts at one point and posted on here. It is called antenatal depression and although PND has a lot of press this doesn't get so much.

Also, although it didn't seem like it helped, exercise (like your walk) is probably one of the best things to do.

The other things are: don't let your thoughts get out of control (e.g. ending it!) and remember it's not you it's just this thing you have at the moment, don't feel guilty that you're feeling low and not jumping for joy at this miraculous pregnancy (as some lead you to believe you should be!) and look after yourself. I found it helped to talk to DH and my close family and friends. Everyone was so lovely to me and it just felt better that they knew.

I would share my packet of hobnobs with you but I polished the whole packet off an hour ago (and now feel distinctly ill).

I hope you feel better soon.

Oh and where are you to get sunshine? It's raining here...

TheBreadstick Wed 17-Aug-11 15:45:23

Thanks Ladies!

I'm sure tomorrow will be different, but will keep a check on my moods, first MW app next week, so will talk to her then.

Senorita I'm Ooop North, and I think we're experiencing our one day of Summer Sun quota today

Bread x

nunnie Wed 17-Aug-11 15:47:34

I'm loving the northern sun today and have spent most of it washing and hanging on the line.

Crosshair Wed 17-Aug-11 15:48:05

I've been up and down for weeks, the 1st trimester is hard when you just feel crap constantly.

Hope you have some good days. smile

SenoritaViva Wed 17-Aug-11 15:54:09

aah Bread, I wasn't realising it was ooop north's turn to have their summer. I think we had ours down south a few weeks ago. It was a Wednesday.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now