Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

sleeping positions

(3 Posts)
friedrice Wed 17-Aug-11 11:04:37

I'm 14 weeks pregnant with first baby and starting to turn myself into an insomniac worrying about sleeping positions.

I've always always gone to sleep on my tummy, but that's already a little uncomfy and I worry about squashing the little one (rational? irrational?). So, I'm trying to sleep on my side but I really can't fall asleep. I can fall asleep on my back, but I know that it's not a great idea and I panic when I wake up on my back (4 times a night or more).

I'm trying the pillow between the knees thing which is quite comfortable, but a pillow behind my back doesn't prevent me from rolling over and I get hot!

Any advice? I'd dearly love to sleep through the night before the kicking and the rest begins.

Thanks!

bagelmonkey Wed 17-Aug-11 11:06:32

I've always slept flat on my back. I created a ramp of pillows to prop me up to about 45 degrees and used a V shaped pillow to sit between.

jcgo Wed 17-Aug-11 11:50:37

I'm a tummy sleeper too! I'm 37 weeks pregnant and the 2 things I am most looking forward to after having the baby is eating pate and being able to sleep on my tummy again!!! When I was at your stage I propped one knee up on a pillow or two and slept kind of semi on my side, semi o my belly. This gradually got me used to sleeping on my side. Although I still have nights when I can't sleep and feel lie crying because I know if I could just lie on my belly I'd be fast asleep in a flash sad
With sleeping on your back they reckon you will realise and move long before any harm in done so don't panic about that too much.
Good luck - hope you are soon sleeping well!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now