Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Sore,tight and tender Bump 39 weeks. should i be worried??

(11 Posts)
VeronaH Tue 16-Aug-11 20:52:39

Since late last night my bump has become increasingly hard and very sore to touch, dont want to call the hospital if its nothing. anyone else experience this??

musttidyupmusttidyup Tue 16-Aug-11 21:14:42

Maybe the baby has changed position and is settling down into your pelvis? So it might just be stretching giving you pain. Maybe the tightness Braxton Hicks? Is this your first baby?

VeronaH Tue 16-Aug-11 22:19:15

no this is my second, and the pain,soreness is going across my tummy just above bellybutton really weird sensation not nice. kind of feels like my skin is about to rip!! hopefully it will ease off soon. have loads of BH at the same time so dont think its them. thanks for response

Eviepoo Tue 16-Aug-11 22:45:53

Hi VeronaH again we sound like we are having the exact same thing. It's so weird that we are having the same types of pains etc and it's both our seconds.
I kinda figured it was dragon wriggling because it feels liek his/her bum is going to pop out of me just above the belly button.

I wonder what else we have in common?

Bumpsadaisie Tue 16-Aug-11 22:52:04

I had this in the last days and when I went for presentation scan at 39+4 turned out I had very little amnio fluid round DD. Waters hadn't gone , just I think I had stopped producing it. It wasn't an emergency but they wanted to induce me next day at 39+5 which is what we did.

Don't know if the hard sore bump was symptom of low fluid but it made sense once we realised how little cushion there was left.

Perhaps ask your midwife?

Eviepoo Tue 16-Aug-11 22:58:57

Oh thats interesting bumpsadaisie as I too have reduced fluid (I have GD and now having weekly fluid scans) fluid is not at the too low stage yet (I am 39+2) and am back next Monday for the whole trace/fluid scan/internal for the third week running and if no baby by then they will induce.
So maybe reduced fluid means there is less cushioning and we are feeling the bum/back wriggles a lot.

VeronaH Tue 16-Aug-11 23:37:23

bumpsadaisie and Evie thanks for that, maybe i will call the hospital tomorrow and see if they will scan me. thanks ladies.

Evie, head is wreaked waiting now!! Hope your hanging in there x

VeronaH Wed 17-Aug-11 00:00:07

Do u think I should call the hospital tonight?? Or would it be ok to wait til tomorrow, it's kind of coming and going now

Eviepoo Wed 17-Aug-11 07:21:21

Sorry - had gone to bed, I think you should just ring today unless you felt like it was something startig maybe smile
Verona - come to the August Babies thread...I had a good old moan last night there, but am slightly more positive today.

Bumpsadaisie Wed 17-Aug-11 10:11:33

Verona

I think OK to wait till today - it wasn't an emergency for me, just that it was advisable to get baby out sooner rather than later with low fluid levels because, if there are then other kinds of complications, the other complications can be more serious if the fluid levels are low (or something like that).

VeronaH Wed 17-Aug-11 10:14:58

i rang hospital last night and they said to take paracetamol and if things change to call back but no change, pain not as bad today so might be just pain from lifting and carrying my ds1 around!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now