Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Natal hypnotherapy after eC-section

(3 Posts)
naomi79 Tue 16-Aug-11 16:11:33

Hello
I am currently 24 weeks pregnant and after my first birthing experience just under two years ago when I had to have an emergency c-section, I am looking to use natal hypnotherapy to create a more positive birthing experience that I feel more in control of. I understand that there is still a possibility that I may need another section at the time, however I want to go in calmer, more positive and controlled; not accepting an epidural the moment I walk through the door (I gave birth in Dubai). My concern though is how well will I achieve this when I will have to be monitored throughout (due to scar tearing possibilities)....has anyone had an experience like this that they could share with me? I am really determined but want to understand what restrictions I may come across, any help would be gratefully recieved smile
Thanks

nannyl Tue 16-Aug-11 17:48:08

No experiance but wanted to check you realise that they do a specific natal hypnotherapy for VBAC? here

Im loving the CDs, did pregnancy relaxation from 16 weeks, and am on the homebirth preparation CDs now (36+2!)

naomi79 Tue 16-Aug-11 22:34:54

Thanks for that, will be purchasing them tomorrow!! Spoke to a midwife today who said I'm likely to have to stay on or very close to my bed due to scar monitoring sad was hoping to be free to move around lots, will have to see how the labour goes I guess

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now