Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

I think I have A Pile...

(13 Posts)
MoonFaceMamaaaaargh Tue 16-Aug-11 15:53:08

Either that or a pea-sized lump of my bum-hole has declared independance.

If i ignore it will it go away?*

If not, do i need to go to the doc's...or can i get something over the counter?

*i think i had the same but smaller in my previous pg and i ignored it that time...

If you know me in rl feel free to imagine i am someone else. grin

nunnie Tue 16-Aug-11 16:00:37

I got them bad in my last pregnancy as bled. I went to the pharmasist and asked what I could get adn he advised annusol.

So I got some of that, some cannestan for thrush and some bonjela for ulcers. I thought I may aswell cover most holes whilst I was there.

Just had to make sure I put the right thing on the right ailment.

Funny well maybe it's just me but I become immune to embarrassment when I am pregnant.

MummyGemx Tue 16-Aug-11 16:10:57

I think that unless they are painful/bleeding you are ok to leave them and they should go away after pregnancy. But I am not a doctor or anything! I am immune to embarassment too - I think it is really common in pregnancy and just another thing to make us feel uncomfortable and unattractive! Oh what we put our bodies through! I cant wait till baby is here now - 2 weeks and counting. Want my body back! hope your bottom feels better soon!

apple99 Tue 16-Aug-11 16:22:17

Is it bothering you/painful? If not then leave it be. If it is then you can try anusol or germoloids which are available over the counter. I am suffering at the moment and have been to see GP for some prescription cream but mine have been quite painful.

MoonFaceMamaaaaargh Tue 16-Aug-11 19:26:41

thanks for the advice everyone.

Nunnie you made me grin

Good luck mummygem...i'll be thinking of you in two weeks time.

Hope your bum gets better soon apple.

spout Tue 16-Aug-11 20:35:22

yes yes, Anusol. But do ask the pharmacist for AN-U-SOL and not, as I did, ANUS-OL blush

LittleOne76 Wed 17-Aug-11 09:50:18

I had an episode a few weeks ago and it was painful. Everything hurt - walking, sitting, getting up, turning over in bed, bending slightly, straightening up, shifting on the couch, going to the bathroom (obviously!). I had absolutely no idea how bad the pain from piles could be. Mine also bled for a few days. I still seem to have a bit of swelling when I go to the bathroom but no more pain or bleeding which is great. I'm a bit scared about what might happen when the baby comes..!

I spoke to my Dr and she confirmed that all of this is super common in pregnancy and she also recommended using anusol. What I also found good was using those wet wipe type things for sensitive skin after using the bathroom. I bought a stack of them for the baby and have ended up using a few packets on myself.

Hope everyone's bottoms are behaving themselves. Yes, the things we go through..!

LDNmummy Wed 17-Aug-11 11:26:38

I started a thread about this the other day and was advised to see GP to get a proper cream as over the counter ones don't seem to work too well.

I will be waiting till after having my LO to do so as I am sure labour is only going to make it worse, so no point dealing with it now.

MoonFaceMamaaaaargh Thu 18-Aug-11 13:08:01

Thanks for the tips everyone (especially the pronounciation spout grin )

shmoz Thu 18-Aug-11 13:28:53

Even if you don't need to use any cream now, I would get some in ready for 'post-delivery'.

Apparently pile cream is good for bags under the eyes, although I haven't tried it (I ought to though). <<Disclaimer: I am not a doctor or a scientist, I only vaguely remember hearing this somewhere>>

MoonFaceMamaaaaargh Fri 19-Aug-11 08:37:39

oh dear....will it get worse then? I remember the post natal poo as being way more traumatic than the actual delivery. No way that can help the situation...will keep the tens machine handy...

GeneralDisarray Fri 19-Aug-11 09:24:22

What marketing meeting in the world would decide calling something 'anusol' was a good idea? Anyway contine smile

MoonFaceMamaaaaargh Fri 19-Aug-11 17:17:23

grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now