Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

How 2 cope with pain from old cs scar please?

(3 Posts)
jimmijam Tue 16-Aug-11 10:28:59

Hi i think babies dropped and now my 5 year old cs scar, part of which was reopened last november, is v. Painful. Do i just have 2 live with it til babs is here? Im 37 weeks

nunnie Tue 16-Aug-11 10:44:39

I would contact midwife. I have been to hospital and been to see my community midwife on a number of occasions about pain with my scar, and they have preferred me to get checked than ignore it, thankfully it hasn't been anything major.

I have noticed more pain since dropping too, but please do talk to a professional as they might be able to help you manage pain too.

jimmijam Fri 19-Aug-11 22:09:12

thankyou
the pain has eased off and i dont feel it as often, so will wait until i see mw thurs to mention it to her (if i remember, will be going thru birth plan, usual checks and i'll ask her for a sweep, tho dont know if she'll do one)

sorry to hear you've been having trouble too. when i had vbac with ds i remember the pain of cs scar being worse than the pain of the contractions as i was about to push, was bleeding and they didnt know where from but they kept looking at scar and telling me it was fine (but what about the inside part where they cant see?)

anyhow hears to another vbac, or cs if it comes to it

good luck

x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now