Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

do you always get bleeding with implantation?

(22 Posts)
nightowlmostly Mon 15-Aug-11 21:23:53

Hi, I am ttc but haven't been very motivated this last month. There was some action around the right time but I didn't really expect a result, I thought I'd missed my window!

The thing is, am feeling like it may have happened, I have been having crampy feelings like period pain, but for a week now, that has never happened to me before. Tender boobs too, but I get that a lot with periods. So, have been looking at early signs on google, and the thing about implantation bleeding keeps coming up. Does everyone get this or might I be pregnant even though it hasn't happened? I would have noticed, as have been keeping a close eye on things!

Anyone's experiences of the early symptoms would be greatly appreciated, I will be surprised if it has worked this month and keep expecting my period to come. Maybe thinking about it too much makes it not happen.

Thanks all!

lucamom Mon 15-Aug-11 21:33:12

I've never had implantation bleeding, and this is my 4th pregnancy. Can't offer any advice about waiting, I spent a huge fortune each time on 'early tests' and obsessively symptom spotting. Hope it works out well for you x

IssyStark Mon 15-Aug-11 21:33:28

Implantation bleeding is by no means a given.

I have had it wth my ds but it took ages to come out (not until 5w) and because I'd had two previous m/c gave me a horrible fright. The current pregnancy for dc2 is my 10th pregnancy in total (lots of m/c around 9w as I have a chromonsonal translocation) and I didn't have implantation bleeds that I recognised with any of the rest.

Personally I found every pregnancy to be v. different, even early on. My first I had ver tender boobs (had to hold them when walking up or down stairs) and was crampy before my period when usually I would only be crampy after, ther pregnancies I felt horribly tired even before I tested positive or suddenly had a very sensitive sense of smell.

Crosshair Mon 15-Aug-11 21:38:01

My early symptoms where pretty much like a period but without the blood, had no bleeding at all.

Good luck.

nightowlmostly Mon 15-Aug-11 21:42:56

Thanks everyone, maybe it is then. God, imagine! I am trying not to get too set on it being so, don't want to test too early. It's so hard trying to forget about it, I'm thinking about how I'm feeling all the time!

PrincessScrumpy Mon 15-Aug-11 21:46:05

didn't have any with dd1, but had two lots with this pg - twins.

ZhenXiang Mon 15-Aug-11 21:48:33

I posted this just after I conceived, gives detailed breakdown of symptoms I experienced in early stages, am now 11+4 (dpo means days past ovulation, af means aunt flo i.e. your period, bfp means big fat positive).

5dpo - cramp in uterus (middle)

7dpo - 9dpo - nausea and very smell sensitive, gagging when brushing teeth.

11-12 dpo - cramping all day plus hot flushes, sure af coming as this is usual timing for me to get these symptoms.

13-15 dpo feel full in uterus and bloated like I do before af. Very tired and feeling anaemic so start taking iron like I do normally the week before af. Boobs feel bigger but not sore (might be imagining it but they usually get smaller before af). Very teary although manage to hold it together somehow. Start waking in night to go to the loo.

16dpo - af due ish (can be up to 5 days late in some cycles), dark brown spotting and clots, I am pretty sure af on its way.

17dpo - no af, still light amounts of dark brown spotting. Boobs seem bigger and fuller, but not sore.

18dpo - no af, still spotting but very lightly. Buy clear blue test. POAS just now. BFP!!!

nightowlmostly Mon 15-Aug-11 22:08:28

Thanks zhenxiang , don't think I identify with all those timings, but we're all different. I'm never sure when I ovulate, I'm a little irregular. I'm still thinking probably I'm wishing it to be so, but you never know!

When should I leave it to test, don't want to test too soon.

ZhenXiang Mon 15-Aug-11 22:22:16

nightowlmostly - you are right everyone is different this site is great for real examples detailing the variety of early pregnancy symptoms from lots of different women.

Some pregnancy tests like clearblue can pick up positive result 4 days before your period is due, but if you want to be really sure wait until you are late when the hCG (growth hormone) should present in detectable amounts (although there are cases where people get negative after a few days late, then positive a week later for example).

I have been up to 5 days late before and not been pregnant as have had slightly irregular cycles in the past.

If you know your average cycle length you can calculate when your period would be due by counting that many days from first day of last period. Test after that date.

Good luck x

melliebobs Mon 15-Aug-11 23:11:33

I didn't have implantation bleeding at all. And the frustrating thing is as many people say symptoms of AF are the same/similar to pregnancy. Until ur late and do that test there's no point second guessing. You'll dive yourself insane

nightowlmostly Tue 16-Aug-11 07:04:16

Thanks for the link, have looked at it and it is helpful. Am 4 days late but my cycle has been 32 days before so I still don't want to test yet. Maybe I should, there is one upstairs...

kri5ty Tue 16-Aug-11 07:49:10

nightowlmostly

We decided on ttc and that week i took ovulation tests.. which all say i wasn't ovulating, we had sex whe OH was home from work that week, and i thought nothing of it.

A few weeks later i was getting really bad pains in my stomach, and i just went to the docs about it, and he did a test in case it was etopic pregnancy (even though i didnt think i was preg)... thats how i found out, and the pains were to do with a cyst nothing else

i had no implantation bleeding, none of the "period pains", no sore boobs, i got slightly dizzy and needed a wee a little more than usual. I also had no morning sickness what so ever (which made me panic), but i am 23 weeks now, and still no symtoms!

Good luck x

kri5ty Tue 16-Aug-11 07:50:09

I would take it hun... you can always get another if you need to if its negative, and you still don't come on x

nightowlmostly Tue 16-Aug-11 08:16:43

I took it and it is positive! But it says on the instructions to be careful not to wee on the windows, which I may have a little blush !

I have another test so I will do it again, but wee in a cup or something to avoid splashes! Does it really matter about splashing?

If it is, I'm trying to think of how to tell DH, I want it to be special. God, I'm shaking!

kri5ty Tue 16-Aug-11 08:32:58

Congrats hun grin its an amazing feeling!!!

i think the splashes on the window can just make it void (ie you wouldnt get a positive result!)

Take the other just to double check!! I put my sample in a champagne glass... the only thing i hadnt packed as we were moving house!!

I'm so happy for you!

I had planned on telling my OH by buying a rattle, wrapping it up, and writing "to daddy" on it, but instead i got rushed to hospital in case it was etopic!

Aww a really big congrats hun grin xxx

nightowlmostly Tue 16-Aug-11 08:43:43

Thank you! I did the other test, it is positive too but fainter, is that just because it's less concentrated? I also want to tell DH in a nice way, but I can't think. I'm rubbish at keeping things to myself but it will be worth it if I can make it a good memory for him. I feel wierd. Happy but wierd, it's funny how it won't sink in.

tinky19 Tue 16-Aug-11 08:57:21

Congratulations!
I never had implantation bleeds with ds or this pregnancy (24weeks)
Good luck

kri5ty Tue 16-Aug-11 12:06:19

Awww its amazing news smile yes it could be that it was less concentrated.

Good luck hun... and i am sure you will find a lovely way!!

Crosshair Tue 16-Aug-11 12:13:19

Congratulations!

ZhenXiang Tue 16-Aug-11 19:47:42

Congratulations nightowl! Anyway you tell DH will be nice, it is great news especially if you were ttc smile

nightowlmostly Tue 16-Aug-11 20:02:26

Thanks everyone, in the end I just told him when he was still in bed, he said he wasn't going to get up for 'a few hours' and I couldn't wait that long, I couldn't do anything for thinking about it!

We got a clearblue test and did it later on just to be 100%, he's happy but a bit freaked out! Now off to find the April baby bus...

somewherewest Wed 17-Aug-11 10:18:25

Congratulations and best wishes for the next nine months. My DH actually found out before I did as I was too nervous to look (had been TTCing for a year at that point).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now