Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Tiredness tips?

(3 Posts)
handbagCrab Mon 15-Aug-11 14:17:55

Hi,

I'm currently heading towards the end of the 2nd trimester & have been patiently waiting for my energy levels to pick up. Although I'm not as exhausted as I was in the 1st trimester, I don't consider myself to be business as usual in the slightest!

Has anyone got any pregnancy friendly tips for upping energy levels or is it something I just have to accept? I think the main problem i have is sleeping badly so if anyone has any advice on that front that would be great. But any advice at all in any area would really help.

Thanks in advance smile

Misty9 Mon 15-Aug-11 14:22:23

Unfortunately the tiredness doesn't get any better....I'm 37wks today and get tired out very easily.
As for sleeping - that one's a distant memory too! What is hindering your sleep? If it's dead hips have you tried folding a double duvet under your sheet? And lots of pillows smile
I'd like to say you get used to it, but the only thing saving me now is being on mat leave so I can nap during the day...

Other than that, make sure you're drinking at least 2litres of water a day - I'm the world's worst for drinking enough, but find it does really make a difference. Also, eat little and often and get some gentle exercise - yoga, walking or swimming - should help.

HTH smile

handbagCrab Mon 15-Aug-11 18:32:33

Thanks Misty smile I'm doing yoga & bought a pregnancy pillow, dunno if it's working though! It's my arms that are going dead in the night - do you know what could stop them going dead?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now