Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Clerblue Tests

(5 Posts)
lauraloo09 Mon 15-Aug-11 10:06:20

Morning ladies looking for some advice. I have posted this in the conception forum but thought I'd try here too.

I have been ttc#2 for just a couple of months, but this has been hard since I haven't had a period since March. However I took a cheap ebay test on Saturday afternoon and a faint line appeared, I did another one soon after it and again a faint line appeared (it was fainter than the first test tho) Yesterday morning I took yet another test and again it was extremely faint but you could see something there. I thought I would 'treat' myself to a clearblue test which I took this morning and it was negative I know you're not supposed to open the tests but when i did I did notice a very thin blue line but I am treating that as an evap line.

I'm wondering if anyone has experience of getting faint positives on cheap tests but negative on clearblue and yet still was pregnant i'm going out of my mind over this...i forgot how stressful and annoying ttc could be!

MissRee Mon 15-Aug-11 10:54:40

As far as I know, the "cheap" eBay preg tests are more sensitive than the shop bought equivalents! ALL of my positives were eBay cheapies (dunker-type, not pee-on type iykwim?). A posi is a posi, no matter how feint tho - far more likely to get a false neg than a false pos. it's hard but wait a few days for preggers hormone to increase then re-test - betcha its posi ;)

Good luck!

lauraloo09 Mon 15-Aug-11 11:57:44

thanks for replying missree i'm hoping it is positive the whole process is so annoying just want to know for certain what is going on lol

MissRee Mon 15-Aug-11 12:29:53

Let us know how you get on!

Ria x

yaimee Wed 17-Aug-11 11:18:48

I took 3 cheapy tests and had a test at the docs, all negative, then took a clear blue the same day which was positive, am now 23 weeks, so I'd put my faith in the clear blue, think they're super sensitive.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now