Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Indigestion nightmare please help

(5 Posts)
alisonsmum Mon 15-Aug-11 09:54:22

hi, im 38 + 3, having such a nightmare with indigestion and sickness. its been bothering me for a few months now, being sick most days and indigestion but this last week has been horrid. ive cut out lots of foods ie fats, fruit juice, cheese, spicy things and im still in pain. rennies dont help anymore. a glass of milk seems to help a bit but has anyone got any remedys??? im desperate

alisonsmum Mon 15-Aug-11 10:13:51

ok just seen another thread on this....sorry in advance

Sleep propped up (I've got an orthopaedic pillow, one of those V shaped ones - £10 in Dunelm Mill)
Go to your GP and get some industrial strength Gaviscon. It's awesome. I drink it from the bottle smile

Bumpsadaisie Mon 15-Aug-11 14:17:22

Omeprazole from the GP - don't delay, get it today!

Klinda Mon 15-Aug-11 15:51:59

Hello,

I sympathise I had awful indigestion with number one and number two and am preggars again now and expecting to start getting it again anytime soon.

I swore by eating an apple in the afternoon (alkaline so helps neutralise acid), also drinking some milk to stave it off and then when it hit at night I would swig gaviscon from the bottle and this generally sorted it enough to sleep.

Oh and I found chewing gum helped as a preventative too.

Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now