Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Woke up soaked yesterday, waters are intact BUT I have a question.

(6 Posts)
Reality Mon 15-Aug-11 07:55:31

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Lady1nTheRadiator Mon 15-Aug-11 07:58:32

MY experience of my waters going is not being believed despite the sodden pinky sanitary towel I showed them. Two very painful examinations later and they said yes, it does look like your waters have gone. No fucking shit.

Er how many weeks are you and when were your other DC born, I seem to think you were due in Sept, were they both early? Not that I think it makes a difference. Have you packed a bag just in case?

addictedtofrazzles Mon 15-Aug-11 08:01:17

I have no experience of leaking waters! However, with both dc in later pregnancy, I had really heavy discharge as you describe (lucky me!!!)With the same smell....

Nice chat!!!

I would try not to worry and hopefully MW can offer some reassurance

Reality Mon 15-Aug-11 08:37:03

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Purpleprickles Mon 15-Aug-11 08:59:06

My waters broke, a little gush so that I noticed, and then continued to dribble throughout my whole labour. So much so I'd used my two packs of maternity pads before I was 5cm and given my epidural. My friend had her ds three weeks ago. She also had leakage and was told it wasn't her waters, she had no contractions but kept leaking for 24hrs and then went into labour. I'm no expert but it baffles me that like you she was told it wasn't her waters. What else can it be?? Good luck!

Purpleprickles Mon 15-Aug-11 09:03:57

Oh and this is prob irrelevant but my friend now has 5 dc and was late with all of them but her ds was born at 37 weeks. Also why she believed the mw when they said it wasn't waters as she was expecting to go over again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now